A course for reef conservation and sustainability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefRevival

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

I'm a student in my final year at the University of Leeds and am doing my final dissertation project on the diving industry. The project aims to improve the future sustainability of coral reefs that are subject to recreational diving.

I am aware that PADI currently run sustainability courses (including AWARE) but was hoping to develop a course more explicitly based on diving behavior and conservation. For example buoyancy, and techniques such as coral gardening to reduce damage to reefs and hopefully even go as far as improving them.

I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me gage the interest in such a course. It's a really short survey and will only take about a minute. The plan is to hopefully work alongside PADI, as they have indicated some interest in developing more sustainability related courses.

Hopefully we can help to change the future of the diving industry as a positive active force for sustainability. Any comments below are also welcome.

Thank you.

Survey link - Caring for coral reefs Survey

---------- Post added April 16th, 2012 at 03:27 PM ----------

Please, it would be much appreciated, it is literally is four tick-box questions.

Back
Top Bottom