A device that lets you breathe underwater without the tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chicnstu

New
Reaction score
I've seen in some movies and shows (Star Wars, Pokemon) these things that the people put in their mouth and they could breathe underwater while using them. I'm thinking that they work by filtering the oxygen from the water to you. If these exist, where can I get one?

Okeedokee....

Too many movies you have seen? Hmm....

chicnstu:
I've seen in some movies and shows (Star Wars, Pokemon) these things that the people put in their mouth and they could breathe underwater while using them. I'm thinking that they work by filtering the oxygen from the water to you. If these exist, where can I get one?
I've one. I call it a snorkel :wink:

chicnstu:

Is this a serious question?

WHOA MoonRass...like...where can I get one...dude...

Mesa thinks a troll we have here...meditate on this one, I will...

OK, call Q over at MI6, that technology has been around since 1965. Fits in a cigar tube.

Oh, and tell M that 003 said hello.

Ok, here is my attempt to answer your question....
To most of us, these questions are shocking...
First, what would you be doing underwater? Is this just hypothetical? Do you have things you want 2 do underwater? That may change what I am about to say.
You can get what is called a hookah rig, or basicly surface supplied air. [INSERT comment: we DO NOT breathe oxygen when diving. We breathe the same air you are right now, for most recreational divers, we dont fool with waht nature gave us!]
If you are staying very shallow, you can go sNuba diving. http://www.snuba.com/
that is basicly a tank on a float with long hoses down to you, and a harness so you can drag the float.
OR, you can get a compessor on a float with a long hose....
http://www.diversdiscount.com/resou...t.asp?category=152&categoryname=Hooka+Systems

Is this what you were looking for? Please PM me if this is not....

DeS

chicnstu:

There are all sorts of cool ways to extract oxygen from water, including membranes, electrolysis, and I beleive some bacteria, however they're all a lot bigger than a SCUBA tank.

The little cartridge-things in the spy movies are available now, as long as you don't want more than 30 seconds worth of diving.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom