A device that lets you breathe underwater without the tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally I prefer it when they post to an old thread rather than starting the same subject in a new thread. Of course, it would be nice if there were at least a little logic to the thread.

You do realize you are on SB, right? Logic exists not.

You asked about pocket sized scuba. It took me 15 years, now it a reality - I've done it. I've been trying to use the crowd funding site FundAnything.com. Thus far, I've been treated like "the little red hen" by family & so called friends; and like a snake oil salesman or pre-Rogane hair tonic peddler by everyone else. I may have to wait to have the unit poured/machined after April. 'Til then, all my math say it'll perform twice as well as needed.

You asked about pocket sized scuba. It took me 15 years, now it a reality - I've done it. I've been trying to use the crowd funding site FundAnything.com. Thus far, I've been treated like "the little red hen" by family & so called friends; and like a snake oil salesman or pre-Rogane hair tonic peddler by everyone else. I may have to wait to have the unit poured/machined after April. 'Til then, all my math say it'll perform twice as well as needed.
Care to share any photos?

I've seen in some movies and shows (Star Wars, Pokemon) these things that the people put in their mouth and they could breathe underwater while using them. I'm thinking that they work by filtering the oxygen from the water to you. If these exist, where can I get one?

What you are looking for dose not exist yet. If a sonic disruptor could be made small enough and you could provide it with enough power to operate it could break down the water into hydrogen and oxygen. Then just dump the hydrogen and leave the oxygen for the diver to breath but you could not go very deep breathing 100% oxygen.

No funding yet I see...

Aside from the assurance that you have a brain of mythical importance, if you have a prototype of anything (even 3ft long) I would post a video of it in use, preferably in use for more than five minutes as a proof of concept. If you keep having these inspirations and fail to build anything then you have really no reason to ask for money. FundAnything is not meant to be taken literally, more of a metaphor or challenge.... They don't REALLY mean that you can get money for any crackpot idea that comes along....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom