A device that lets you breathe underwater without the tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Mesa thinks a troll we have here...meditate on this one, I will..."

Why does yoda speak in the passive voice?

Chris Hipp:
I suppose you could make something that would diffuse the oxygen straight into your circulatory system, but you would still need air to excrete the carbon dioxide.

Would you need air to excrete CO2? What about that liquid stuff for really deep diving? I know that was in a few movies, too, but I was under the impression that it was real technology. (?)

I don't understand why there is so much ridicule and raillery directed against what would be a wonderfully useful device, one that should be available very soon, maybe even by tomorrow afternoon.

The uses for this kind of air/water filter would go far beyond the sport of diving. Such a device would make the bridges and tunnels in places like NYC and San Francisco almost unnecessary. Commuters would have to wear drip dry no-ironing clothes and rubber shoe protectors in order to walk to work from New Jersey to New York, or across San Francisco Bay or any other body of water. The intrepid and physically fit could easily walk to Europe. Scaling the mid-Atlantic ridges would be easy in a water environment.

This is so exciting.

I don't understand why there is so much ridicule and raillery directed against what would be a wonderfully useful device, one that should be available very soon, maybe even by tomorrow afternoon.

The uses for this kind of air/water filter would go far beyond the sport of diving. Such a device would make the bridges and tunnels in places like NYC and San Francisco almost unnecessary. Commuters would have to wear drip dry no-ironing clothes and rubber shoe protectors in order to walk to work from New Jersey to New York, or across San Francisco Bay or any other body of water. The intrepid and physically fit could easily walk to Europe. Scaling the mid-Atlantic ridges would be easy in a water environment.

This is so exciting.

No Need (see bold) , just dip your stuff in that new Rustoleum Neverwet paint

I don't know what's more annoying...New accounts that don't search the board and ask the same laundry list of questions (PADI vs. NAUI, anyone?), or the new accounts that start at the beginning of time and then revive old threads. If my daughter had been in 3rd grade when this thread started, she'd be in her first semester of college now.

And you would be old...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom