A new AOW!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve_Dives

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello SB!

I completed the last of the dives and specialties to earn the AOW over the weekend. I'm a little premature in that I haven't filled out all the paperwork, let alone received the card, but I'm visiting the shop after work!

The location for the final dives was the Blue Grotto in Williston, Florida. Dive # 1 was the deep dive. I recorded 90 feet and a total duration of 45 minutes. Not sure what the time at depth was, but the computer was giving me 4-5 minutes on air at 90 feet (it's really conservative) during my pre-dive planning :wink: which I exceeded an incurred a non-mandatory level stop at 10 feet (which I completed).

Next pair of dives were for search & recovery. One dive I used mostly natural navigation (great viz), and the last I used a parallel search where I swam wall to wall. the object to be recovered? Everyone's favorite, a weight belt.

The first post-AOW dive was across the street at Devil's Den. It was fun squeezing through the swim throughs. It was also nice to have a warm water dive (71F on my computer)

Up next is another AOW course to keep current during the cold Winter here in Dayton, Ohio. While a pool is just a pool, it's at least water! For 2007 I want to complete the rescue and master.

Welcome to the Scubaboard. Have fun on your dives!

Welcome to the ScubaBoard! Congrats on your AOW certification. Remember to check your gauges often!!

Congratulation on your New certification!
Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome to Scubaboard. It is good to have you with us. You will be amazed at the number of divers in your area the are on this board. Congrats on AOW.

Howdy Stever and welcome to SB!

So you're really into the traing, huh? Always good, but don't forget to enjoy some diving and get some experience. Do you fully and completely understand your computer? If not, bad.

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Replies without reading the Stickies for each forum. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom