A new boring member says hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dainius

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,
I am kind of boring diver. No particular reason to write here, but I asked a lot of questions and got good help when I was searching for computer, saying "hello and thank you all" sounds like nice idea.

I go to local freediving club once a week. They train for underwater rugby, so mostly fast exercise without breath holding or zen mode slow swimming.
I can hardly follow them during general session, but it helps me to get some confidence in the water. I can hold breath 3 min static, swim 50m under water with fins. 50m without fins was my record some day in the past. So kind of average Joe.

In general with scuba gear I feel really bulky, without - an urge to breath in no time when outside pool :)

Got OWD few years ago in Malta, dived ~15 times since then including training. The deepest dive was 32m wreck in Malta (DM was ok to take my after first day, I felt ok to go as I will do it on AOWD some day without additional training anyway). Longest one was around 1.5hour seek&hide play with seals in Sweden.

I live next to Baltic sea, but I have no scuba equipment and my family is not into diving, so I will keep it as vacation-run-away-day-or-two mode :)
Hope to see you around some day. Be safe out there!

Playing underwater rugby is far from boring, I just swim around checking out the fish.

Welcome to the board.

Welcome

Welcome from another boring diver. My guess is the Baltic Sea could be a bit boring....? I swam there decades ago in Finland. Very nice but not somewhere I would imaging to scuba dive.

Welcome. Boring can be good. When people get 'interesting' things going on like the bends, getting stung by something, lost at sea or ending up the subject of a thread in the Accidents and Incidents section, well...boring doesn't sound so bad. Not so bad at all.

Besides, divers tend to find some good excitement. It'll come.

Hi,
I am kind of boring diver. No particular reason to write here, but I asked a lot of questions and got good help when I was searching for computer, saying "hello and thank you all" sounds like nice idea.

I go to local freediving club once a week. They train for underwater rugby, so mostly fast exercise without breath holding or zen mode slow swimming.
I can hardly follow them during general session, but it helps me to get some confidence in the water. I can hold breath 3 min static, swim 50m under water with fins. 50m without fins was my record some day in the past. So kind of average Joe.

In general with scuba gear I feel really bulky, without - an urge to breath in no time when outside pool :)

Got OWD few years ago in Malta, dived ~15 times since then including training. The deepest dive was 32m wreck in Malta (DM was ok to take my after first day, I felt ok to go as I will do it on AOWD some day without additional training anyway). Longest one was around 1.5hour seek&hide play with seals in Sweden.

I live next to Baltic sea, but I have no scuba equipment and my family is not into diving, so I will keep it as vacation-run-away-day-or-two mode :)
Hope to see you around some day. Be safe out there!

Welcome to Scubaboard! We're very pleased to have you join us. You might enjoy this area of the forum:

Snorkeling / Freediving

Playing underwater rugby is far from boring
I don't play :) I join training time (as well as quite a few other members and all the kids) then we go home and real men come to play :)
Actually it is one of the things I love Sweden for. For ~50eur/year I can attend diving exercises twice per week. And while it is not exactly what I am looking for it helps to gain confidence in/under water. Now you can be jealous ;-)

Welcome from another boring diver. My guess is the Baltic Sea could be a bit boring....? I swam there decades ago in Finland. Very nice but not somewhere I would imaging to scuba dive.
Baltic is a bit boring, cold and really expensive (Sweden). I save my diving budget for vacation time instead.
I was snorkeling around my fishing grounds, visibility was 2m. Quite easy to define - I can see my feet, but no way to see end of fin :)

Actually it is not that bad, we have quite a few wrecks around my place in Karlskrona. But high service price + visibility + cold keeps me out of the water. At least for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom