A puffer fish bit off a diver's finger!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems this diver was acting like an idiot... touching the fish on the head and wiggling his finger in front of it. Sorry it happened, but I think the fish felt it was provoked and acted in self defense.

Good thing he doesn't have a section for comments, I would have told him he was an idiot and deserved what he got.

I first touched the fish on the head to get him to come out of the hole. Since the area is known to be a regular hangout for Bull sharks, this guy was not budging. Sharks like to eat blowfish. Persistently, I waggled my hand in front of his face acting like food

Sorry this little fish was trying to survive and NOT GET EATEN BY A SHARK! If anyone likes Bill Engvall...to this guy-Here's your sign.

Yes it is old. Randy is not affiliated with JDC anymore. I think the point of his writing the article was to let other divers learn from his mistake. So, if after reading this, someone decides to waggle their finger in front of a puffer...well...

Back
Top Bottom