A puffer fish bit off a diver's finger!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where can I get a pair of those gloves?:D
He bit my kevlar gloved hand like a piranha on a dining mission. When he was ready, he let go. I was in pain, but relieved that my glove wasn’t cut.

Man...everybody is so smart calling the guy an idiot and dork etc. As if, none of you have ever come close to a potentially dangerous marine animal. Many people get hurt without even trying. So, he took a chance to entertain his group of divers...and lost a pinky. Regardless of what the 'wise-guys' are saying, it can happen to anyone.
Probably because we "wise-guys" try to give potentially dangerous marine animals plenty of room as opposed to harassing them. It isn't like this guy was swimming along and accidentally wandered into a fish's territory, he was really working hard at getting bit.

Besides, what right did he have to stress the fish to the point it bit him just to entertain some other divers?

I for one am VERY entertained by what happened and I didn't even have to be there to see it. I am thankful for video.

Back
Top Bottom