A taste of West-End, Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just heard that Mavis and Dixie's is closed. Bummer.

JayT

I was in Roatan in December with a group of friends staying at the Henry Morgan, and we ventured into town a few times.

Had a great meal at Half-Moon Bay, and spent several nights at Sundowners (our group's favorite bar) until closing time - at which time we would follow the crowd down the street to The Purple Turtle for a few before they closed for the night.

The Purple Turtle could be crowded in front, but the beach side always had room if you're travelling in a bigger group.

Roatan is a great trip - I miss it already.

Marcoa - thanks, hoping to get to Roatan this fall and this helps. Now what are your 5 or so favorite restaurants?

Evening and late night food.

Real cheap. Across from the church parking lot next to Mini Super Jackson.

Tacos 100 L

3 steak tacos served with guacamole, lime, hot sauce, chimole, and cilantro

Gringas 100 L

A welcome twist to the usual quesadilla. Steak smothered in cheese and served with cilantro, chimole, and hot sauce

This place falls under the 3 Bs..... bueno, bonito, barato.

Arab & Middle Eastern Food

Come and try the new flavor in Roatan. Located in the Palms Complex, West-End, Roatan.

Menu

Hummus

Shawarma

Falafel

Tabouli

Kibbes

Sambuse

Stuffed Grape Leafs

Gyros: beef, pork, chicken, kafta, falafel

All our plates come with frest pita bread and your option of tzadzike or takini sauce.

Try our house specialt:
Ali Baba's Wings.

(The flyer I was given didn't have prices. I'll try to get those for you.)

When I visited at the end of August, there was an "Island Gym" in Sandy Bay (not far from the West End), but not sure if it's open or not. 445-3123

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom