A thousand good reasons to go diving in Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freedom to go where you want and whenever you want in Thailand and basically to be able to do whatever you want to do.

There are quite a few countries in the world where you will not have that freedom as a visitor (or resident).
You're right. I've visited and lived in some of those places, and here it is paradise in that respect!

another reason is you could get burn very easy! lol

I just came back from my first dive trip around koh lanta last week
and my skin is still peeling a lot.. >.<

but it worth!!

I have never been to Thailand. What months are the best time to travel to Thailand, which time periods should we avoid?

bobgads, it depends on what part of the country you are visiting. We have two monsoon periods here, one when the prevailing winds are from the northeast and one when the prevailing winds are from the southwest. Right now we are in the southwest monsoon period, so the winds are kicking up the waters of the Andaman Sea on the west side of the country, and bringing some rain along as well. During this period, the waters of the western Gulf of Thailand are more protected and it rains less. The southwest monsoon is roughly from May to November. When the northeast monsoon is blowing, it's basically the reverse--the seas on the Andaman coast are generally flat and skies are blue. The northeast monsoon is roughly from November to May. Most divers who travel from half a world away, like you, plan to come in the winter months, when the northeast monsoon is in force, allowing Thailand's most celebrated dive sites in the Similans and Surins to safely welcome divers.

Reason # 304: The new and endemic to Thailand species of freshwater crabs, "Pu Chao Fa", found only in the area around Namtok Ngao in Ranong province.

Crabs can be interesting, not just a nuisance...

Back
Top Bottom