A whispered question - A good Hamburger in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I went to Margaritaville a few years back assuming they'd have a pretty safe burger, I knew from the first bite that the meat wasn't beef. I asked the server (who spoke perfect English, so no language barrier) "this isn't beef, is it?" He wouldn't answer and just kind of shrugged and pretended like he suddenly couldn't understand me. I had plenty of great meals at Rock n Java, but never tried their burger.

Nothing wrong with wanting a cheeseburger in paradise, hence the song...

When I went to Margaritaville a few years back assuming they'd have a pretty safe burger, I knew from the first bite that the meat wasn't beef. I asked the server (who spoke perfect English, so no language barrier) "this isn't beef, is it?" He wouldn't answer and just kind of shrugged and pretended like he suddenly couldn't understand me.
I had a similar experience at Hogtown Cafe, who used to be known for their cheeseburgers. Oh, I didn't particularly notice, but my bud did. Coming back from PDC later in the week, we stopped at the nice cafe across from the ferry dock (never can remember the name?) and had a good, all beef cheeseburger, fries, and beer for the same price as Hogtown's imitation.

Someone on here was bragging about the hamburger at Mission on 30th. I will have to try that one next trip in a few weeks.
Recently? :confused: I used to like that cafe, but this last trip - seemed lacking. I didn't go for a burger tho, was expecting Yucatan-Mex, but it didn't seem up to past trips. Let us know how it goes ok?

Coming back from PDC later in the week, we stopped at the nice cafe across from the ferry dock (never can remember the name?) and had a good, all beef cheeseburger, fries, and beer for the same price as Hogtown's imitation.

Palmeras?

I have to agree with Christi on La Cocay. I had a CAB (Certified Angus Beef) cheeseburger there last spring and it was deliciosa!

I have to agree with Christi on La Cocay. I had a CAB (Certifited Angus Beef) cheeseburger there last spring and it was deliciosa!

Yep - excellent!

I also just remembered the other place that was escaping my mind last night. Bucaneros!!! Excellent burgers! It is in the north at Club Cozumel Caribe. The OLD hotel just before Playa Azul hotel. There is a sign at the entrance. Look for the old high rise tower which has been converted into an apartment building. It is now a beach club! They have a great beach, a pool and great food - a nice place to spend an afternoon after diving! They close at 5:00pm

Yep - excellent!

I also just remembered the other place that was escaping my mind last night. Bucaneros!!! Excellent burgers! It is in the north at Club Cozumel Caribe. The OLD hotel just before Playa Azul hotel. There is a sign at the entrance. Look for the old high rise tower which has been converted into an apartment building. It is now a beach club! They have a great beach, a pool and great food - a nice place to spend an afternoon after diving! They close at 5:00pm

I heard someone won a free breakfast for two there on Cozumel Radio online the other day.....:wink:

i tend to avoid burgers in mexico, after several bad experiences. other meats if you get a little surface bacteria due to poor handling the cooking kills it, but with hamburger the bugs can be inside and unless the hamberger is overcooked they can cause you some upset later that night...

I vote for Hamburger House on Ave 5 (across from Sabores) between Calle 3 & 5. It is small outdoor placee with only 5 seats surrounding bar bq grill. Only open for dinner Wed to Sun (I think). Jorge is the owner and is chef at Sabores during the day. One of best burgers I have ever had. My friend, Gordo, still talks about this place and has it at the top of his list for the next visit.

I vote for Hamburger House on Ave 5 (across from Sabores) between Calle 3 & 5. It is small outdoor placee with only 5 seats surrounding bar bq grill. Only open for dinner Wed to Sun (I think). Jorge is the owner and is chef at Sabores during the day. One of best burgers I have ever had. My friend, Gordo, still talks about this place and has it at the top of his list for the next visit.

They are good - but not real beef like the others I mentioned

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom