A300CS OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should clarify that my problem with the A300CS OLED occurred with an evaluation unit, not one from the actual production run. I and the owner of my LDS were rather impatient to get our hands on one, and Doug was kind enough to send us that evaluation unit, with the intention to replace it with a production-run piece later. According to Doug none of the regular ones have had this problem, so I keep my fingers crossed that this was just a fluke with a perhaps too hastily calibrated evaluation model.

That's good advice for an iPhone or desk computer, not for a dive computer. This one is not allowed to crash and if it does something is wrong with it and needs to be exchanged.

It could be a problem with the battery or the battery contact.

I am really interested in this computer. A two questions:
1. if I don't use transmitter, can the bottom field be configurable to display other information instead of tank pressure and ATR, such as max depth or average depth or water temp?
2. In dive mode or gauge mode, does it display dive time in seconds at all?

Are these now going to become Oceanic with the lastest news out about Aeris ?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: AERIS Merges with Oceanic
American Underwater Products (AUP) announced today the merger of two of their recreational dive companies, AERIS & Oceanic. Each of these companies currently offer similar product lines to the diving industry worldwide. Effective September 1st, 2014, these lines will be combined and sold exclusively under the Oceanic brand.
The merger will allow American Underwater Products to focus its resources and major synergies, enabling Oceanic to grow its business and product offerings in its traditional markets, with continued growth in new market sectors and new export markets.
AUP realizes that AERIS has made significant technology and product contributions to the diving industry for the last sixteen years. Merging these technologies and products with those of Oceanic, the industry veteran, will certainly heighten the Oceanic product offering to its expanding worldwide customer base.
“The merger would provide a very positive experience for the combined customer base of the two companies,” said Mike Hollis, CEO of American Underwater Products. “It will deliver a broader product offering and greater levels of service and support to the worldwide diving industry.”
Effective September 1st, 2014, AERIS customer service responsibilities and warranties will be accepted by Oceanic.
AUP’s worldwide headquarters is in San Leandro, California in a 120,000 square foot building that houses one of the most innovative and technologically advanced life-support equipment manufacturing facilities in the world. AUP’s team of engineers, product designers, and manufacturing experts is dedicated to the philosophy of excellence. One distinguishing attribute that separates AUP from other manufacturers is the commitment to vertical integration. The vast majority of our products are designed, developed, manufactured, and tested in our own facilities.

That may also explain why the new computer came out only under one name instead of separate Oceanic and Aeris names. I guess at some point they will all get re-badged as Oceanic. Hopefully they will also re-think the very "blingy" looking shiny black and silver look and go with something a bit more muted (just my taste).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom