AB Dive in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In all my trips to Bonaire I have never had a thing taken from my truck... And I've parked at almost every dive site on the Island.. I pass by dive sites with to many trucks because I don't like diving a busy site... I leave my cell phone at home... I do see people with water proof cases... Car key gets put in swim truck pocket with some cash.. Have a small water proof case from wally world that I put credit card and drivers licence in if I bring it along.. Most times just leave it all at the house.. Leave cold beer, snacks, flip-flops, towels and cigarettes in the truck with windows down and doors unlocked...

Jim....

.... I do see people with water proof cases... Car key gets put in swim truck pocket with some cash.. Have a small water proof case from wally world that I put credit card and drivers licence....

In our state, the licenses are waterproof. For sure, the Credit Cards are, too. Will the salt water rust the magnetic strip? Guess I need a box.

Or just stuff it inside a tank.

Do not bring a cell phone on any dive, period. Nothing of value. Folks bringing iPads, wallets and other valuables have created opportunity. This is not isolated to Bonaire but any tourist destination. It's just more apparent in the Caribbean islands due to forums like this. Heck, 30 years ago, it was well known not to leave valuables in your car outside Soufriere, in little Montserrat. Same for SXM and Antigua.

It's not really necessary to have tanks delivered since most shops have satellite offices and are all centrally located. With that said, my partner, Bas, at VIP will deliver tanks. My villa based clients love this service.

Thanks for all of the input. They definitely deliver to the villa. I verified it with them by phone. We have used Dive Friends in the past and love them but will give AB Dive a try this time and see how it plays out for us.

Thanks for all of the input. They definitely deliver to the villa. I verified it with them by phone. We have used Dive Friends in the past and love them but will give AB Dive a try this time and see how it plays out for us.
Let us know how it goes. I am also interested.

Back
Top Bottom