Absurd dive equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't believe no one mentioned the underwater cell phone for SCUBA divers that was on the news a few months (year?) ago. I don't even use one topside!

Dr. Bill

cstreu1026,

Unless I'm mistaken, Seavision masks are the masks with color filters.

ScottyK,

SCUDA = Self Contained Underwater Drinking Apparatus. They came out in the mid '80's. I still see an ad from time to time.

drbill,

I've never heard of that particular gem, but it would be high on my list.

OK. so its the color filters. Is just the standard clear lens and is of very high quality.

How about split fins?

Wrong! IMHO they actually work for you.

cstreu1026,yes the color filters.They may well work in very shallow water with great vis,but that desribes about 10% of what divers do.There is a rule in the phyical world "TANSTAAFL" There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.The only way for them to work is to decrease the amount of light you see.How about Submersible flares as well?

100days-a-year once bubbled...
How about Submersible flares as well?
Well, now, it wouldn't make much sense to carry flares that weren't submersible, would it?
Rick

The emergency flares I have used in the Navy actually will work under water.

OK, where can one find submersible flares?
I recall a TV show, the AQUANAUTS where the guys were ALWAYS swimming around with the critters.

BTW, the straps on Force Fins beat the crap out of the "standard" plastic buckles & rubber straps.

for your cell phone that attaches to your BC. I saw an ad for one in a dive magazine recently.

I don't get it.

?????

Back
Top Bottom