Absurd dive equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRon

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, so we have a snorkel with a built-in radio and masks with built-in lights. What other absurd ideas are the diving equipment manufactures going to dream up next?

Perhaps we should give them a hand.

Here's my absurd idea:
a BC with an integrated back massager . For the ultimate relaxation. It saves on weight too and a clever engineer can probably design it in a way that helps with propulsion as well.

Any other absurd idea's?
:snorkel:ScubaRon

Ditto KrisB,add bungie wings and seavision masks.

100days-a-year once bubbled...
Ditto KrisB,add bungie wings and seavision masks.

Maybe I am thinking of something different, but how does a sea vision mask fit in to the category of absurd?

"how does a sea vision mask fit in to the category of absurd?"

One man's trash is another's treasure. I agree with 100days-a-year, the Seavision is unnecessary and useless, but I have buddies who love theirs. It's a matter of perception. Everything anyone lists here will have people who like it.

I'd list Force Fins.

Force Fins? From I I have read from users they are better than peanut butter. Heck, I once used a pair to make duck feet for a student in a children's play.

Walter once bubbled...

I'd list Force Fins.

Hey! I love those!!!

OK....Just kidding...I couldn't resist :D

I haven't seen them advertised in a while, but I remember getting a smile from a product who's name I can no longer remember.

It was a squeezeable pouch with a tube that you inserted through your mouthpiece. The premise was that you filled it with your beverage of choice, and squeezed the bag to get a drink while diving.

I was trying to imagine what happened when you unxpectedly bump the bag, or squeeze it too hard and start choking at 100' :rolleyes:

Walter once bubbled...
"how does a sea vision mask fit in to the category of absurd?"

One man's trash is another's treasure. I agree with 100days-a-year, the Seavision is unnecessary and useless, but I have buddies who love theirs. It's a matter of perception. Everything anyone lists here will have people who like it.

I'd list Force Fins.

Just to make sure I am on the same page, exactly what is being refered to as a Sea Vision mask. I can't see a way that anyone would classify my prescription Sea Vision mask as absurd. The only possible way some might do that I would think is if you had the color correcting lens.

ScubaRon once bubbled...
Ok, so we have a snorkel with a built-in radio
I dunno if that could be called dive gear... I think it's only water proof to 15-20' or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom