Abyss 42 performance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seedy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just regarding the new Abyss42 regs I just bought. I dived them yesterday and found it pretty good
although the reg I was trying to improve on ( an Oceanic Delta 4 with CDX5 1st stage) I think breathes quite as bit easier than it.
That was a bit of a shame as I was led to belive it may have been a fair bit better. I was wondering if I am getting
the full performance straight out of the box or if they might need a tune.
thanks for any help

I would have the shop check the reg for proper adjustment. You should not be able to discern a difference. I recommend having the IP set to 140-142psi and the cracking effort set to 1.0-1.2". These two test take less than five minutes to complete.

Greg Barlow

I agree. Sounds like your regulator is just not adjusted properly. Most stores will bench test your new product prior to sending you on your way, incase they need a little tweak from out of the box.
I'm sure you will like it once it's tuned properly.

Best,

I agree. Sounds like your regulator is just not adjusted properly. Most stores will bench test your new product prior to sending you on your way, incase they need a little tweak from out of the box.
I'm sure you will like it once it's tuned properly.

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom