Accurate Ferry Schedule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron G.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When I google ferry schedules, I see variation from site to site.

We arrive in Cancun on 3/5 at 11:45. I thought that meant we might make a 2:00 ferry, especially if we hire a private shuttle. Now, I think there is no 2:00!

When we were there in December, we caught a 3:00 shuttle, but noticed that there was no 4:00 (from PDC to Coz).

The two ferry companies have their own sites with schedules that I'm guessing are accurate, but they seem to only apply to February. Is 2:00 typically a time with no ferry?

Ron

When I google ferry schedules, I see variation from site to site.

We arrive in Cancun on 3/5 at 11:45. I thought that meant we might make a 2:00 ferry, especially if we hire a private shuttle. Now, I think there is no 2:00!

When we were there in December, we caught a 3:00 shuttle, but noticed that there was no 4:00 (from PDC to Coz).

The two ferry companies have their own sites with schedules that I'm guessing are accurate, but they seem to only apply to February. Is 2:00 typically a time with no ferry?

Ron

The companies just trade schedules everyday. I think you are correct. Even with my GREAT private van, I usually get there 30 second after the ferry leaves. if you use a van and get lucky at customs, you might make it. However, Senor Frogs is right there, the cervesa is COLD and the quesadillas are good and the view is GREAT...

I just came in via Cancun a couple of days ago and you are right! there was no 2 PM ferry. Based on your schedule, figure on the 3 PM ferry unless you want to try Mayair.

Look at it this way. There is less chance that you will stress about making a 200 PM ferry. Relax. Take a private van or the ADO bus (mucho cheaper).

Likely useable buses at noon, 1230 PM, 100 PM, 130 PM plus later.

Well that bus can be cheaper if you dont have a party of people, otherwise the van can be on par. I will be paying like 12 a person next week.

Instead of Googling, rely on the sites of the ferry companies themselves, which are going to be as accurate as any can possibly be:

México Waterjets - Fery Cozumel-Playa del Carmen, Playa del Carmen Ferry-Cozumel

Ultramar «

---------- Post added February 20th, 2014 at 10:17 PM ----------

Well that bus can be cheaper if you dont have a party of people, otherwise the van can be on par. I will be paying like 12 a person next week.

We can get a rental car that puts the break-even point at between 3 and 4 passengers on the bus. For a small van with driver, it's in the range of 4-5.

Upshot is that we typically only take the bus if there are one or two of us, and get a car from Isis Playa del Carmen or a small van with driver if there are more.

Even with my GREAT private van

I saw others recommend Jose Rivera ($100 round trip). Do you use someone different?

Based on your schedule, figure on the 3 PM ferry unless you want to try Mayair.

I just looked at Mayair's schedule and it looks like the only flight that would be an improvement for us is at 1:00 and I think that would be the opposite problem for us....stress rushing to make that flight after our 11:45 scheduled arrival in Cancun.

I guess we'll just have to enjoy a stress-free (hopefully) wait for the 3:00 ferry.

Thanks.

Ron

I saw others recommend Jose Rivera ($100 round trip). Do you use someone different?

PM sent!

I just looked at Mayair's schedule and it looks like the only flight that would be an improvement for us is at 1:00 and I think that would be the opposite problem for us....stress rushing to make that flight after our 11:45 scheduled arrival in Cancun.

I guess we'll just have to enjoy a stress-free (hopefully) wait for the 3:00 ferry.

Thanks.

Ron

Van or bus, you can hire a tricycle guy to take your stuff to the dock. The tricycle guys can actually take the bags out on the dock for you. Then you can sit at Senor Frog and chill on a beer and look at the water. Time flies. Also you can see your bags sitting on the dock waiting, so you don't get nervous!

used mayair in january. $38 each way. 15 min flight. Bought tix at mayair desk at CUN.

Back
Top Bottom