Acquired two Mares Rebel 12 Nitrox DIN regs for cheap. Tech divers chime in please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speardoggin

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought two of these today for $100 each brand new with warranty (Divers Direct closeout sale). I was wondering if I could use them for deep water tech diving on a set of doubles. I want to get into tech diving and have heard they have been used on doubles, but I am not sure how well they breathe at depth. I want to use different second stages obviously, but not sure which ones work well with the 1st stage. Any input is appreciated. Should I just use them for deco bottles and call it a day?

Jeff

The MR12 1st stage works and routes well with doubles. The 2nd's are ok, typical dowmstream type. I'd stick on some balanced 2nd's from Apeks, Zeagle, AquaLung or Scubapro.

The MR12 1st stage works and routes well with doubles. The 2nd's are ok, typical dowmstream type. I'd stick on some balanced 2nd's from Apeks, Zeagle, AquaLung or Scubapro.

Have you used any of those setups before???

The MR12 connected to any of the mentioned 2nd stages will have pretty much the same performance figures as a Aqualung Titan LX.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom