Adapter For Light...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepThinkers

Reaction score
I recently bought two lights to use for macro fill and autofocus. They each have a tang with a hole to attach it to 'strobe arm' with a small bolt. I have an old Sea & Sea adapter I bought years ago, which fits one but need another for the other side.

Question: Does anyone have ideas on how to make a simple adapter to go from flex tubing (Loc-Line) to the tang? Essentially, it needs to be something that can be fastened inside the 3/4" round flex tube ...to a flat surface (drilled for the bolt) where the light can be attached. I can attach a photo if needed.

Thanks!
Bill
Bill@DeepThinkers.us

I just use large SS screws (I believe 1/4") and locking nuts to connect things to those Loc Line arms
you can either have the screw head or the nut at the inner side of the top most link, depending on you application.
sometimes I also used some Nylon washers and spacers to get a better fit of the screw inside the tube. Basically just a friction fit. Works great.

Not sure if that's understandable. I can post a picture if you like

d-s-f

Thanks for the pointer. I think I visualize what you are describing.
I know I can rig it OK ...just thought I would check to see what creative ideas have been put to use:) I don't like 're-inventing the wheel' or spending $70 if there is a simple fix.

I'll let you know how it ends...

Bill

Back
Top Bottom