Addicted Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joel smith

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
At first things were a little slow I had a hard time getting in dives. I got certified sept 19 2010 and dove only 11 times my first 7 months. Then I finally met a great group of divers only 4 people and sometimes more one being an instructer, since meeting them I have loged 26 dives in three months. My goal is to have at least 52 dives my first year looks like I will make my goal. I have also got my AOW. Every dive shop I have been in have been above friendly, all divers have been great to talk to. Also sb so much info, I am so excited about diving the more I dive the more I want to dive. My best advice is if your a new diver is find a group of divers in your area and dive Im sure they will be happy to help you along. If your ever around Augusta Ga. we have a great lake and river to dive.

Welcome to the addiction! :D

Welcome to the addiction! :D

No kidding...that's a pretty apt description. Congrats to the OP...and, finding a good dive buddy, or group, to dive with really helps.

Having people to dive with is a HUGE plus. And one other point my wife has made over the years, which Joel stated, is that the vast majority of people in diving are very nice. It helps that we all share a common interest, passion (addiction). I hope Joel and everyone else remains an active diver and safe diver, and a courteous diver too. After 52 dives, its time to read "The Scuba Snobs Guide to Diving Etiquette" for a laugh and for some good suggestions. On amazon.com and at many local dive shops.
DivemasterDennis

I know and have dove/dive (when i get down there) with the group you are referring to. Great bunch of guys and good LDS. I am still looking for a group like that here in knox but have yet to find one. Those guys do get crazy when it starts to get colder as they dive year round WET. I will also tell you you will learn a ton from those guys if you watch and ask questions.....they are some of the best divers I have ever met.

Scuba Pox
Symptoms:
1. Compelling (uncontrollable) need to commune with outer afflicted individuals.
2. Often a glazed faraway look, planning the next round of treatment
3. Obsessive behavior, can't leave a dive shop without spending at least $100 for something they
already have, but feel they need a backup.
4. Has more dive shirts in their closet than any other cloths
5. Has have more ‘C’ cards than credit cards in their wallet
6. They think their neighbors vacation to the Caribbean was a waste of money because
they didn’t do any Scuba Diving

Recommended treatment:
1. Breathing compressed gasses at water pressures greater than 1 bar
2. Total relaxation

Recovery rate:
Zero, it is a life time affliction.

:lol: :rofl3:

Welcome to the club! I warn you, getting more dives does nothing to alleviate the symptoms of addiction, just makes you want to go more and more!

Still two days until I can get in the water again, and it has only been 2 since my last dive :depressed:

Back
Top Bottom