ADV Nitrox/deco or DIR-F

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have herd so much lately about TDI ADV Nitrox and Deco and also about the DIR-F courses, I was actually wondering what is the differences between the courses or do they teach they same things?

Thanks

Well, I suggest you check out www.gue.com, and www.tdisdi.com. DIR-F is an intro to tech diving class, and you would then have to take tech 1 to get into deco diving. TDI you can take adv nitrox and deco procedures and you will learn how to do deco diving using gas mixes up to 100% o2.

These classes, you are not comparing apples to apples.

Not even CLOSE to apples to apples. DIR-F is a Fundamentals class - stressing all the things that good divers SHOULD do but too often don't. Like diving as a team, proper bouyancy, proper weighting and trim, etc. It showcases the DIR way of doing things, like why they use a BP/Wing and the long hose, or how to track nitrogen loading without a computer, etc. etc. etc.

Adv. Nitrox Deco is a deco training course that teaches you how to do dives beyond your NDL limits. The standards are very different from instructor to instructor.

So for a newer diver the DIR-F class would be the way to go for someone who wants to perfect their diving skills.

If you're a newer diver, you're not even eligible to get into Advanced Nitrox/Deco. Nor should you be.

There are a lot of people on this board and a lot of threads written by people who have taken the course. If you get an hour or 3, it's worth reading.

Im not that new to rec diving but i am new to the world of technical diving. i know the prerequisites for the TDI course.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom