Advantages of Trimix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i feel bad these days

i didn't breath O2 at PpO2 1.6 since one week
i 'm in lack of.
keenly next week.

O2 being a gas that is rapidly metabolised has less of a narcotic impact. It is theoretically more narcotic than N2, but is constantly eliminated (in metabolism and as CO2) so is not as impactful from a narcotic standpoint.

O2 being a gas that is rapidly metabolised has less of a narcotic impact. It is theoretically more narcotic than N2, but is constantly eliminated (in metabolism and as CO2) so is not as impactful from a narcotic standpoint.

Do you have any proof of that assertion?

I don't think anyone really knows the answer to this,so it will be forever a topic of Scubaboard discussion.

Do you have any proof of that assertion?

I don't think anyone really knows the answer to this,so it will be forever a topic of Scubaboard discussion.

You are right. There is no proof. Not even of N2's narcotic capacity. It is all based on theory to a large extent. Narcosis exists. No one knows (to my knowledge) how exactly it works. Even the lipid solubility theory is questioned. Some people question the principle of IBCD. It really is upto your own experience . No one will ever know if oxygen is narcotic or not, because at the partial pressures required to narc you, it is more likely you will drown from a CNS convulsion first.

$117 for a 25/17 fill on double 80's? I wouldn't do much deep diving, if I lived where you do.

A 21/35 fill in my double 85s runs me about $60.

In Chuuk Lagoon right now --a doubles AL80 fill of 18/45 standard trimix is $345; 20/20 economy trimix is $180. I'm here for two weeks (and the Blue Lagoon Dive Ops takes credit cards:wink:). . .Helium is $4.35/cf and Oxygen is $1.70/cf.

Ouch. But it's to be somewhat expected in the middle of nowhere where's it shipped in in G sized bottles. We produce and even export Helium (at a rate i'm sure is much cheaper than available locally). There's a gas duopoly in Australia unfortunately, i ran into the 'expensive gas' issue with bottled CO2 years ago, seems nothing has changed.

Where are the "what price safety?" posters now?

Too busy driving around in their S-class Mercs perhaps

Where are the "what price safety?" posters now?

Too busy driving around in their S-class Mercs perhaps
I'm pretty sure that if we had stupid high prices like this here in the US, we would have mostly deep air divers, and tech deaths very frequently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom