Advice before diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karen Es

Registered
Reaction score
Tomorrow morning I'll be on my way to Brazil and therefore, to diving. Any last-minute advice??? I've already packed everything, took care of my mask, my fins, my suit. I'll rent the reg and the bc (I haven't bought my own --- yet!). Of course I'm taking a bag for my fins and the others things, but I think it's better to have alltogether first.
I just spoke to a Brazilian guy who told me that I should take a strong sunblock and glasses. All packed!
But considering that I'm especially interested in my diving activity, what a perfect occassion to ask you guys for advice!
Tchauzinho,:14: :05:
Karen
PS: I'll miss you all, and I'll give you a detailed report when I'm back.

Have a wonderful time, Karen. Looking forward to your trip/dive report when you return! Be safe.

Sea ya!

You have the big stuff, consider packing some save a dive items if you have any. Mask strap, fin strap, stuff like that. If you have your own weight belt bringing it wothoutnthe weights is sometimes perfered. you'll have a buckle you trust and keepers so things aren't moving around. Don't forget your c-card and log. Tucking a photocopy elsewhare in the lugage can't hurt.

Most importantly bring your common sense and stay in your comfort zone or go past it in small steps. Rememeber you are responsible for yourself, if something doesn't sound right ask questions until it makes sense or stop.

Above all have fun and keep a good trip journal. I'm amazed how much more I get from a trip when I keep a journal. If you are travelling alone writing is a great was to fill quiet moments or to give your traveling partner some space. My wife reads, I write.

Pete

Karen Es:
Tomorrow morning I'll be on my way to Brazil and therefore, to diving. Any last-minute advice??? I've already packed everything, took care of my mask, my fins, my suit. I'll rent the reg and the bc (I haven't bought my own --- yet!). Of course I'm taking a bag for my fins and the others things, but I think it's better to have alltogether first.
I just spoke to a Brazilian guy who told me that I should take a strong sunblock and glasses. All packed!
But considering that I'm especially interested in my diving activity, what a perfect occassion to ask you guys for advice!
Tchauzinho,:14: :05:
Karen
PS: I'll miss you all, and I'll give you a detailed report when I'm back.

Take an arms length of thin bungie a couple of clips (optional) and scissors/knife with you. You can make all kinds of things from bungie that you need and your rental reg won't have, like octopus holders, spg holders, lanyards .....you name it.

R..

Back
Top Bottom