Advice!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtto

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Ok, so after thinking about Force Fins for a while, I decided to buy a used pair to try before I invested in anything more costly. I dove with them today but forgot to see if the bungee was sized right before diving. It was ridiculously tight causing my foot to be driven so far in the foot pocket that the comfort instep was being pushed out the front. I was doing a beach dive and I found it a little hard swimming out. Once under water I was pretty happy with the fins even though they were severely squeezing my instep. I did feel that i was using a lot of leg to move through the water. I have since loosened the bungies a bit and hopefully, that will make them more comfortable. So, assuming that the tight bungies were the cause of the comfort problem, what is the proper kick for these fins? A flutter? Thanks for any advice. gary

just don't bother with the bungie's, honestly, you only need them upon entry and exit in the surf. assuming that they fit correctly in the first place, I've done plenty of shore dives that way

Used pair ... looks to me like the wrong size, let me know your foot size, boot size, and size of the Force Fin you now have. Size is marked below the heel. I make 9 sizes for my most popular Force Fin which you have chosen. I will make sure you go down the right path. Best Bob

Bob,
I spoke with you a while ago about size so they should be correct. I wear a size 9 bootie and the fins are XL with comfort instep. Also, what kick do you recommend? Gary

Once under water I was pretty happy with the fins even though they were severely squeezing my instep.

If the issue was that your instep felt squeezed then try them again without the comfort insteps installed. When you are wearing a bootie the comfort instep functions more as a sizing aid anyway so removing it will free up some room in the foot pocket and should help alleviate your problem.

Jason

I use a flutter kick, take out the comfort instep. I am size 9.5 and I use the xxl with the insert. Keep us posted, best Bob

Bob,
I spoke with you a while ago about size so they should be correct. I wear a size 9 bootie and the fins are XL with comfort instep. Also, what kick do you recommend? Gary

I wear a size 10 with an XXL fin with the Insert and it is a little loose. I was really tight without the insert on an XL. See that, size does matter!

Ok, what is the proper kick for these fins? A flutter? Thanks for any advice. gary

I keep in mind that I need to snap the fins. When I really need to move I increase my cadence and my kick becomes a bit shorter with increased reps - I SNAP INTO THE ZONE- Force Fins are great for many reasons, but one of them is because of the materials they use. SNAP INTO THE ZONE

Back
Top Bottom