Advice???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I get what you are saying. When you frog kick you have your feet spread apart and the tips of your fins close. Does this sound about right?

more like rather than putting the bottoms of my feet together, i twist my legs inward and point the tops of my feet together.....

Not worried about the scuba popo lol. But I am thinking of doing a cavern class. And my kick style was commented on by the guy who would give me the class. Same guy who let me try his f1's. But they were too heavy for my liking.

If you're serious about cavern diving, the split fins won't do. Not so much because of propulsion issues - if you can back kick, you're fine on that count. But you will be diving a lot in close proximity to a thin line, and that line will eventually get caught in your fins. And that's a problem, not only because you can get entangled, but also because you can break the line when you try to free yourself and then you've lost your life line to the exit.

Back
Top Bottom