Advil - diving - Headaches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great link.... I think it's really a combination of things.... the anxiety of unexpected events "Tension" and the hypoventilation from the same cause... Kind of go hand in hand...

I never knew about the tension as no matter how many dives I do, I'm always thinking and "on my toes".... I think I need a yoga class

I just did a simple review of my dive profiles and while I can't pinpoint the dives I got headaches, I can guess... given I do take notes on conditions.

I will continue to take good notes on my profiles and see what I find.

Thanks again for that link and thanks to all that took the time to give me information... Much appreciated :D

A class in one of the arcane eastern arts might well be of benefit. You know the kind, where a practitioner camps on a picturesque seacoast and goes through a series of postures and controlled breathing.

Your problem appears to be mental and chemical. The classes will help with the former. Moreover, a supplement containing magnesium, calcium and phosphorus might help. Vitamin E might help also. To cover the bases, I recommend a multi vitamin/mineral with an emphasis on the above. Camomile tea and valerian may be of benefit.

In connection with the exercises, it might help to do something specific for the neck. Bending the head forward while alternately tilting the head right and left might help.

Honestly wheezy,

I don't think you need medicine, eastern arts, or more fish in your diet.

I think you're suffering from subclinical DCS.

Everyone, yes, everyone, has some strange physiology going on when they surface after a dive. It has long been shown that the post-dive fatigue experienced by droves of cattle-boat doofuses is a result of poor decompression, not a standard symptom of diving.

Your decompression is certainly not helped by your smoking, but your regular exercise may help some. However, subclinical DCS symptoms are most often caused by poor diving techniques. Can you tell me about your "normal" dives? Depth/time profile, deco procedures, post-dive activities, gas mixes, etc.?

- Warren

I can do better than that... I can send you the profile from the last dive... suunto software required..

Let me know

I usually only dive locally... Less than 60' less than 40' and it's a gradual slope in and out... If need be I can make a free ascent on one breath from about 40' with no problems....

Anyhow, if you would like to see the profile let me know...

Back
Top Bottom