Aeris Manta Vs Oceanic Geo 2

Which one you prefer Aeris Manata or Oceanic Geo 2

• Aeris Manta

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gehadoski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dear All

There are two offers almost the same price and almost same specs. I am confused and need you advice which one is better
Aeris Manta Vs Oceanic Geo 2

I'm a new diver so take this with a grain of salt: I have the Geo 2.0 and my dive buddy has the Manta, there are some minor differences:
1) On conservative mode, the Manta is more conservative then the Geo (by about 5 minutes @ 60 ft), the non-conservative mode is identical
2) I find the Geo easier to navigate (less button pushes, more intuitive, 2 way scrolling through the menu)
3) I find the Manta display a little nicer
4) The glass is a little more recessed on the Geo (more protective I guess - although mine is scratched and his is not:)
5) Wet mode turns on @ 5 feet for 5 seconds on the Geo, my dive buddy says his wet mode activates when he's sweating at the surface

95% of the computer is the same though.

They are almost the same but I prefer Oceanic becasue they are all about inovation first

Use the Dive Computers Research Tool to do a side-by- side comparison of the Manta and the Geo 2.0.

Both of them come with free online classes if you register them with Aeris / Oceanic

I love my Geo 2.0 and the USB cable and software are worth it if your like me and too cheap to buy a dive log book. Just print your dive, 3 hole punch it and off you go.

I like the fact that it has conservative and non conservative modes so I can match my dive buddy almost perfectly.......unless diving a Suunto......then I seem to come up a bit early. Then again safety first as I am a fairly new diver.

The online dive computer course is worth the time it takes to go through it as the instruction manual provided is a bit sketchy at best. Its free, so why not?

-Byron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom