Affordable LED dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool. Obviously, they are not the 2200 lumens claimed. The LED emitter in it is good for a max of 1050. In real life, it's probably 600 - 800. It's the same LED and battery as the DGX 600/DGX Push.

I would suggest to watch out for the power switch. Don't leave a battery in the light between dives. I stopped using lights with that kind of switch because the slider is too easy to accidentally brush against and turn the light on. Possibly so low that you don't notice that it's on - but it is still running down the battery. To me, that switch made it too easy/likely that I would end up with a dead battery at some point when I really needed it to be not dead.

Cool. Obviously, they are not the 2200 lumens claimed. The LED emitter in it is good for a max of 1050. In real life, it's probably 600 - 800. It's the same LED and battery as the DGX 600/DGX Push.

I would suggest to watch out for the power switch. Don't leave a battery in the light between dives. I stopped using lights with that kind of switch because the slider is too easy to accidentally brush against and turn the light on. Possibly so low that you don't notice that it's on - but it is still running down the battery. To me, that switch made it too easy/likely that I would end up with a dead battery at some point when I really needed it to be not dead.

Not only are you correct about the output, but also absolutely correct about the switch. If you leave the battery in, even with the switch turned all the way off, it will discharge within a week or so.

I take fresh batteries and put them in the light just before the dive. It's a bit of a pain, but did I mention that these were $7.50?

Not only are you correct about the output, but also absolutely correct about the switch. If you leave the battery in, even with the switch turned all the way off, it will discharge within a week or so.

I take fresh batteries and put them in the light just before the dive. It's a bit of a pain, but did I mention that these were $7.50?

Yeah, I meant to add that, with my previous caveats, as long as they actually work, it's hard to beat a light like that for $7.50! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom