After your ow course, were you able to dive without Dm/instr?

After your ow course, was you able to dive without Dm/instr?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats about where I was after my OW, and I agree w/ Storker above that this is reasonable expectation of an OW course.

My OW (~15 yrs ago) was a couple of classroom days, two days in the pool, then in the ocean, with about a dozen students.

Was my buoyancy perfect, my weighting dialed in, perfect trim? Nope. But I could dive safely, and work on my skills.

I appreciate that my instructor told us honestly that we needed to continue to improve our skills. In the brief time we had in OW, he worked on our skills so that we could continue improving.
Sounds like a good instructor. When I read "needed to continue to improve our skills" I guess that would mean the standard that skills be "mastered" in a smooth and repeatable manner (not exact wording) may not have been met. Back to the old "what is Mastered?" thread.
EFX's "dove a lot......gradually improved my skills...." may be another example of skills not "mastered" in OW course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom