AI transmitter damage when directly connected to 1st stage

Have you had damage to your AI transmitter directly connected to your 1st stage?

• No

Votes: 109 97.3%
  • Yes, please describe below

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agreed - I believe in personal responsibility. If you can take action personally to avoid an issue, then you should and not push the responsibilities onto others.

I reckon the most you might get on a UK boat would be a shout "Everyone's gear secure? Right we're off".

In the US a licensed captain is ultimately responsible for the safety of the passengers and crew of his or her vessel. That's not to say divers shouldn't take responsibility for their own gear. It's just that if there is an injury or worse, the buck stops with the captain.

I have never let anyone else setup my regs. The 2 or 3 times I have left my BP/W with an operator to rinse and store for me, they always set it up on a tank for me and every single time I've had to re-do it. You'd think it was too easy to mess up, but noooo....

I had my shearwater transmitter hand-tight until one day when i was on the boat. I had all my gear on and realized that i didn't turn my tank on. So i sat down, reached back and felt for the knob, and turned it on - no gas - and realized it was the transmitter i turned lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom