AI with doubles (non-overhead)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully the pics uploaded correctly. I totally get what you're saying and have dived that previously. For me and my comfort level I don't want anything that feels remotely like a valve handle near it when I don't have much tactile sensitivity. I have short t rex arms and little flexibility so I'm generally reaching for my valves via riding up my collar bone. I was hitting the transmitter first.
@taimen - the short hose is a solution and one I considered, I just ended up being happy with this solution and it hasn't given me any problems other than 'looking different' but I know other people are happy with the short hose and it works perfectly well.

Normal:
View attachment 495576
Me:
View attachment 495577

Got it! Makes much more sense now. Understanding has occurred.

I use AI in both sidemount and backmount, in overhead. No issues.

For years I was anti-AI. I think the technology is relatively stable now, and if it fails, go home.

I still think a standard analog gauge is simpler, and in doubles that's the way I'm continuing to roll, but for sidemount I see some benefits to going AI.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom