Air Integrated Wrist Computers in the US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
*See last spreadsheet posted for update*

There have been a number of new AI wrist computers in the last year. I have been keeping a spreadsheet for myself, thought others may be interested. All errors are my own, easy to correct if you let me know.

1679172881907.png

1679172988774.png

Edit, I'll start with the errors, Suunto DX runs Fused RGBM, not 2. The Sherwood computer runs just DSAT, no PZ+. I depended too much on Excel auto fill.

There have been a number of new AI wrist computers in the last year. I have been keeping a spreadsheet for myself, thought others may be interested. All errors are my own, easy to correct if you let me know.

View attachment 775019
View attachment 775020

Edit, I'll start with the errors, Suunto DX runs Fused RGBM, not 2.
Very interesting list. Thx for sharing! Pretty broad price range ... almost $1100 difference between lowest and highest price. That and the number of proprietary transmitter types surprised me.

Great table, thanks. It's interesting that the only Buhlmann/MH8A combos are Shearwater and the new Apeks -- explains why I had trouble finding a backup for the Perdix I really liked. :p (I will probably go for the Geo Air...)

Great table, thanks. It's interesting that the only Buhlmann/MH8A combos are Shearwater and the new Apeks -- explains why I had trouble finding a backup for the Perdix I really liked. :p (I will probably go for the Geo Air...)
Luckily, I don't need a new back up yet. I'm still diving my Oceanic VT3 along with my Teric, on the same transmitter. What GFs do you run your Perdix AI on? DSAT is not a bad match for a GF high of 95. Though I have not run it myself, PZ+ is probably not a bad match for a GF high of around 85.

Peregrine AI anyone?

I use 70/85, but honestly, most of my local diving is fairly shallow and limited by cold or just feeling done with the dive more than tissue saturation. Having a Geo Air in the pocket would feel good for the unlikely event the Perdix packs it in and I have more diving to do. I'd probably keep it on DSAT, since I wouldn't be actively tracking it most of the time and don't want it to get bent unnecessarily...

There's an offer for the Geo Air with bundled transmitter for 650 EUR on a reputable web store, which seems competitive. I don't strictly speaking need another transmitter, but also I wouldn't mind not moving the one I have between singles and doubles kits etc.

Isn't the Scubapro G2 Tek available in the US? I could get it here in EU for € 800 (computer only).

Isn't the Scubapro G2 Tek available in the US? I could get it here in EU for € 800 (computer only).
You are absolutely correct, will add to the first revision, $1413 in the US with transmitter. I will wait for more additions and corrections.

Thanks

Mares Genius has custom gradient factors. Section 2.2.1 of the manual.
Yes, you are correct, I guess that is to a maximum GF high of 85 or 90. I will correct it. The Sirius also has custom GFs and will be corrected.

I appreciate the corrections, thanks.

Th
Yes, you are correct, I guess that is to a maximum GF high of 85 or 90. I will correct it.

I don’t see the term “SurfGF” used in either the Genius or Sirius manual but the manual for both reads almost identical and yet someone mentioned Sirius has SurfGF…so maybe the description of it is mentioned in the Genius and I’m just not catching it.

Back
Top Bottom