Air2 or Octo... or Both??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BKP:
Steve, if my inflator valve gets stuck, I'm heading for the surface with oral inflation, and my good reg... would you teach otherwise? (and... inflator valves get stuck on conventional rigs, too).

If my inflator valve gets stuck AND my primary malfunctions, I'm heading to the surface AND making a list of possible enemies, that have been anywhere near my gear... ('cause coinky dinkies like that just don't happen... and if that particular one *has* I'd like to be pointed to the article...)

Sorry bud, can't answer that, no-one gets into a class with an Air2. Well, you might, but I'll ensure you don't like it one bit within a dive or two....... Then we'll do it closer to my way :wink:

There is absolutely no need to lose a reg because an inflator sticks, but I guess the 'to-each-his-own' mentality doesn't understand this rather simple concept. One problem should never create another one when there is obviously a better way.

Having one less hose is a pointless argument BTW, especially when confronted with the above problem you've just introduced.
regards.

nerobanchee:
Hello,
I was wondering if it was better to have:
1. a long hose primary and the Air2 (with no octo)
2. primary and long hose octo (no Air2)

This is the origional question.

I answered my opinion based on personal reasons and pointed out why I felt that way and an obvious risk that was association with item #1

I think it’s funny that I can answer the question and then be told I was incorrect.
This was a question that begged to have personal opinion interjected.
It’s also a question that has hundreds of posts related and any search for Air2 Octo would expose everything said here again on the subject. There are certain issues that just plain cannot be addressed without conflict and this seems to be one of them.

I bow out with this comment related to the octo on the inflator, regardless of brand.

If I were to have an inflator stick, I would continue the dive and make necessary repairs after surfacing. If I lose my octo for some reason i.e. air2 / power inflator issues, I might continue the dive at a more shallow depth or thumb the dive completely. Every situation is different. I only stated the risks and any adult can then make a choice based on the provided information.

Cheers!

BKP:
Steve, if my inflator valve gets stuck, I'm heading for the surface with oral inflation,

If your inflator sticks, you'll be heading to the surface without any need for oral inflation. :D

This thread really need some humor....is that Ok, Kraken?

LavaSurfer:
This is the origional question.

I answered my opinion based on personal reasons and pointed out why I felt that way and an obvious risk that was association with item #1

I think it’s funny that I can answer the question and then be told I was incorrect.
This was a question that begged to have personal opinion interjected.
Cheers!

You make the one salient point in this thread... there is NO correct or incorrect... there is only opinion...

My opinion... do what works for you...

And with that, I too, bow out...

Oh, yaaaaaa . . . you beccha !

It would be a sad thing, indeed, to live in a humorless world . . .

the K (without a "c")

Scuba_Steve:
Sorry bud, can't answer that, no-one gets into a class with an Air2. Well, you might, but I'll ensure you don't like it one bit within a dive or two....... Then we'll do it closer to my way :wink:

I take it from that comment that you force situations upon a student repetivly that they would not normaly encounter just to reinforce your onesided opinion.
You are not the type of instructor Id want to learn with.

Packhorse:
I take it from that comment that you force situations upon a student repetivly that they would not normaly encounter just to reinforce your onesided opinion.
You are not the type of instructor Id want to learn with.

LOL, I'll take that under advisement. The day a students knows so much more about what I am teaching them than I do I will swap hats. Until then I shelter them from the nonsense and instill a certain discipline within them that I can only hope will last once they move on out of the classroom.

You truly have no idea what you speak of.

'Normally not encounter' ..........LOL

Great thinking dude. You've obviously put a lot of time and thought into your training. Yeah you're right, we wouldn't mesh too well.

regards

I think all that has needed to be discussed about this question had been discussed.
This thread is now closed.

The Kraken

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom