Al 80's around?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may be a newer designation. I don't know for sure. It could have been S80 in the past. I'll send you a pm of a Quest email from Dave Sweetin on the proper tank.

headhunter:
That's correct. Thanks for the clarification.

It's the tank that goes from -1.40 to +4.40.

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that many of these were stamped S80 intstead of S080 on the cylinder. My Luxfers are stamped S80 but Luxfer does not list these on their site. Am I right on this or do I actually have a different tank with different characteristics?

Christian

I'll also check my tanks at home. I have a couple manufactured in '98 and I believe they indicate S080.

headhunter:
That's correct. Thanks for the clarification.

It's the tank that goes from -1.40 to +4.40.

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that many of these were stamped S80 intstead of S080 on the cylinder. My Luxfers are stamped S80 but Luxfer does not list these on their site. Am I right on this or do I actually have a different tank with different characteristics?

Christian

Dan Gibson:
I'll also check my tanks at home. I have a couple manufactured in '98 and I believe they indicate S080.
I got your PM's. I bet you're right and that the designation may have changed just after my more recent tank came out. Mine (especially the older one) may have been manufactured before S080 and S80N existed.

Thanks.

Christian

rossjc:
Hi all-
Looking for some used Al 80s. Not comfortable purchasing from anywhere I can't see person I am buying from, just don't know enough about tanks to take the risk. I have been looking through Recyler.com for local opportunities, any other suggestions for my search?

I have two AL-80 tanks for sale, both in hydro and visual. Used but in good condition. I dive them every once in a while.

$70 each, or both for $130.

Call me if interested.

Rick Colman
Laguna Hills
949-701-5330

scubalaurel:
:lol: :lol: :lol2:

I got my Steel 95 from a scuba swap for only $50. I also got a st 72 for $20. Next Scuba swap is in April. Wait til then. It's not like the weather is going to clear up before then anyway...

ow...still crampy... :lol2:

Hi Laurel do you know the exact date of the next SC scuba swap? I hope I am not out of town when it happens.

I just checked the to 1998 tanks and they indicate S80. The 2001 stage is an S080. The change in designation apparently happen between 1998 and 2001.

headhunter:
I got your PM's. I bet you're right and that the designation may have changed just after my more recent tank came out. Mine (especially the older one) may have been manufactured before S080 and S80N existed.

Thanks.

Christian

Dan Gibson:
I just checked the to 1998 tanks and they indicate S80. The 2001 stage is an S080. The change in designation apparently happen between 1998 and 2001.
Mystery solved! :wink:

Do you find that your S80 and S080 appear to have the same characteristics?

Christian

Ross, did you ever find any tanks? Some one over on the OCDivebums list is selling two for $140.00 both in hydro and recent vip.
PM me and I'll send you his number.
Never mind. I just looked up the page here and sae he had already posted! :11:

scubapro5:
Hi Laurel do you know the exact date of the next SC scuba swap? I hope I am not out of town when it happens.

Hey Roger,
No, I don't. I think it is usually sometime smack dab in the middle of April. SC doesn't even usually know until two weeks before. They do advertise it in the Ca Diver News, though.

Have you heard from Serg lately? He hasn't returned my phone calls...

L

I haven't been able to tell any difference. The only thing that affects them as far as I can tell is the choice of gas I put in them.

headhunter:
Mystery solved! :wink:

Do you find that your S80 and S080 appear to have the same characteristics?

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom