Aldora Divers Review: Two Tank Solo New Diver Experience Coming off a Cruise Ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Come on the boat with me. I'll find them all day long for you. :wink:

That and painted elysia. For some reason I never saw them and now I can't stop seeing them.

Painted E. I've never seen them in Coz. Where do you see them? Depth / Type of terrain?

Painted E. I've never seen them in Coz. Where do you see them? Depth / Type of terrain?

OMG, bro. EVERYWHERE. The wife showed me one and now I can't stop finding them. I mean I dove Coz for years and never saw one. Now I can't stop. I think mainly on shallower areas. Doesn't have to be CS-shallow but just not deep. Just stop at every patch of that green grassy algae and you will find them EVERWHERE. The wife likes taking shots of the little stuff, so I point them out. It has gotten to the point, I only point the good one, I have been seeing that many. They are darn small, mostly. I bought a little magnifying glass so I can eyeball them a bit while waiting for her to finish the last one.

Seriously, you shouldn't have to go to more than 2 groupings of that grass algae to find some. Just find the algae patched and stick your face down there. Even found a lettuce something one, though those seem rare.

This guy was like the not as long as your thumb nail is wide. Just look for the algae that look like that. You can see it a ways off and then find the little things.

upload_2018-3-16_12-24-11.png

OMG, bro. EVERYWHERE. The wife showed me one and now I can't stop finding them. I mean I dove Coz for years and never saw one. Now I can't stop. I think mainly on shallower areas. Doesn't have to be CS-shallow but just not deep. Just stop at every patch of that green grassy algae and you will find them EVERWHERE. The wife likes taking shots of the little stuff, so I point them out. It has gotten to the point, I only point the good one, I have been seeing that many. They are darn small, mostly. I bought a little magnifying glass so I can eyeball them a bit while waiting for her to finish the last one.

Seriously, you shouldn't have to go to more than 2 groupings of that grass algae to find some. Just find the algae patched and stick your face down there. Even found a lettuce something one, though those seem rare.

This guy was like the not as long as your thumb nail is wide. Just look for the algae that look like that. You can see it a ways off and then find the little things.

View attachment 450618

Hey and it only took me 15 pages to get something positive out of this thread.

Thanks for the lesson in locating @cvchief.

I've seen painted elysia in Coz before but only because someone spotted them for me. Now I'm armed and ready to find my own.

I had somewhat the same experience with pipefish. After only seeing them because someone pointed them out I found my first two in Coz on my own last year, same dive, different locations. It was like how have I not been seeing these all along.

DISCLAIMER: Thread drift! (unheard of on SB)
Who likes idea to get @Bubblesong to start a thread with all of his/hers (sorry, can't be bothered to check out) "poems"?
Besides, we're really close to beat Anita thread.....come on people, give some more effort in!

I warn you. its a curse. There I am, head stuffed in a tiny patch algae staring at a couple PE, and Eagle Rays, loggerheads, and even dolphins or gray whales for all I know are swimming by. I am at the stage where I don't *quite* need reading glasses, so I am down there trying to get the right closesness to get a good look and cocking my head to look through the clearest bit of mask defog. Anything bigger than my fingernail, I don't even notice!

I warn you. its a curse. There I am, head stuffed in a tiny patch algae staring at a couple PE, and Eagle Rays, loggerheads, and even dolphins or gray whales for all I know are swimming by. I am at the stage where I don't *quite* need reading glasses, so I am down there trying to get the right closesness to get a good look and cocking my head to look through the clearest bit of mask defog. Anything bigger than my fingernail, I don't even notice!

At least you are looking at something cool while missing the big things.
I have twice come up minutes before the loggerhead turtle passed, and once had Alison write on her slate 'pipehorse' with an arrow pointing down while holding my safety stop. Not to mention Kevin loves nothing more than mocking me for missing the turtle that everyone was trying to point out to me while it was apparently sitting on top of my head.

DISCLAIMER: Thread drift! (unheard of on SB)
Who likes idea to get @Bubblesong to start a thread with all of his/hers (sorry, can't be bothered to check out) "poems"?
The limericks only make sense in the Context of the Contentious Thread, I don't know how many I have posted, I try only to post them if they add to they add something useful, or are really rude, or BOTH!

There was a young lady from Mass
Taught biology to all of her class
She dove on the reef
with Coz she had no beef,
Except the forum was full of sass.

Back
Top Bottom