Alec Pierce Scuba - Long Hose Good or Bad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder too if it is a DM skill?
Not a DM skill as such, but part of the kit exchange / stress test, depending on the instructor's criteria. I had three DM scholars a few years ago who wanted to do a stress test with all three of them. Hilarious to watch, but fair play they did it, including three way buddy breathing!

Love Alec.Love his videos. Is somebody going to take them wrong or disagree with him? Of course! This is the internet. Just don`t bash him because you disagree. He`s been in the business longer than most of you have been alive.

Especially when he gets so many things wrong.
Don’t we all ? :)
Maybe you don’t, but I definitely wish I was decent at getting things right :)

We all do but I think him starting out saying a long hose is only good in certain limited situations is flat out wrong if that is his opinion fine say in my opinion but to tell new divers that as a statement of fact when you are someone they look up to is just wrong.

We all do but I think him starting out saying a long hose is only good in certain limited situations is flat out wrong if that is his opinion fine say in my opinion but to tell new divers that as a statement of fact when you are someone they look up to is just wrong.

Everyone knows that on the Internet every statement is to be implicitly prefaced by "In my opinion,..." It doesn't need to be said explicitly in every sentence. That is, in my opinion. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom