All Inclusive Scuba Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tibu720

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi. I'm trying to find some options for all inclusive dive resorts in Thailand that offer guided dives in the morning and afternoon. I would like to go somewhere with great visibility, abundant and varied marine life, warm water, and friendly international staff. Also, I prefer a resort where local culture can be accessed within walking distance. If anyone has any suggestions (maybe a website or email too) they will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Dear tibu720,

It's not all that common to find diveshops that offer accomodation, meals and diving in Thailand (unlike Indonesia).
Dive operators here though may be able to assist you with hotel/resort bookings and arrange a nice varied dive schedule for you for the duration of your stay. If you plan to come to Thailand before May this year the best place for you to visit is probably Phuket. Phuket has GREAT daytrip diving and good beach diving as well with plenty of interesting creatures and often good visibility. Water temperatures of daytrip and beach dive sites are in general around 28-29 Celcius.

Local culture can be accessed in even the most developed areas of the island but a must-see for you may be the Sino-Portugese buildings in Old Phuket Town and the Chinese-Thai traders community that lives and works there.

Take a look at this site Phuket scuba diving, Phuket dive, Phuket Liveaboard: Thailand dive. , They open a brand new dive-resort at koh Tao in February 2008. Friendly multilingual staff, own dive boats and own speedboats, own 2 swimming pools, 2 dive in the morning, 2 dives in the afternoon.

Probably the best choice at the moment in koh Tao.

not much "culture" to be had on tao although it is a beautiful island

The opener off this topic had a all round question, isn't? All inclusive, guide dives in the morning, guide dives in the afternoon. I know at this moment only one place who offer this, it s only in Tao. I just want to answer his request, probably in phuket also, I didn't know that, I thought, the dive trips is one day from 8.00 till 5.00-6.00 evening and exclusive from the hotel or resort, this is new for me. So the boats don t leave all from Chalong.

Thanks for the information. :wink:

I just want to answer his request, probably in phuket also, I didn't know that, :wink:

Phuket offers beach diving on it's West coast beaches, (longtail) boat diving to the small islands and reefs just off Phuket's West coast, daytrip diving on comfertable boats to places like SharkPoint, Anemone Reef, Ko Doc Mai, King Cruiser Wreck, Racha Islands and even to the Phi Phi Islands. Liveaboard dive boats of all budgets leave for the Similans, Myanmar, Hin Daeng and Hin Muang and even to excotic places like the Andaman Islands (India). Besides that one can book his own customized trips to any site one likes to go to (depending on budget).
Also in Phuket one can find Instructors to teach courses of ALL major (and not so major) certifying agencies. If you're into Technical diving and deep wreck diving than Phuket is the right place as well. Basically Phuket has it ALL...

And yes; there's quite a bit of culture as well. Phuket has the single biggest vegetarian festival in Thailand, a Thai-Chinese traders community living in "Old Phuket Town" and a rich history in tin-mining and fighting off the Burmese.

:D

While not all dive shops offer a "total package", dive shops usually have connections with other hotels, etc. within the area; and vise versa.
Just let them know your needs and requirements and they will hook you up with someone.

I agree that this time of year phuket is your best option however you have a decision to make here. I think if you dive with a nice resort with inhouse instructors maybe your diving experiance will be compromised as oposed to going with a pure dive shop.

Maybe contact Kevan and Chantal at Phuket scuba club, you can discuss your accom requirements with Chantal and she will no doubt be able to find you exactly what you want plus they are a good dive op and nice people to boot.

Back
Top Bottom