Allergy and Equalization sufferers who take Sudafed-like products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dived today on Flonase only with using the neti pot before the Flonase. I didn’t have any issues equalizing. I really wasn’t sure. So definitely leaving the Zyrtec-D at home and going with Flonase/neti pot only.

using the neti pot before the Flonase
My daughter likes the Neti Pot. Me not so much. I guess you know the stories of people dying after using it with tap water. Safe only with bottled water.

My daughter likes the Neti Pot. Me not so much. I guess you know the stories of people dying after using it with tap water. Safe only with bottled water.

I call it a neti pot but it’s really a plastic sinus rinse bottle from Walgreens. Easier to use than the neti pot. Yes, always use bottled water.

Not true at all - you just need to boil the water (tap or bottled). The other VERY important point is that you need to add a sterile saline rinse powder to the water to create a saline solution.

Flushing your sinuses with plain water will burn like crazy (I know as I once forgot to add the powder - and paid a very unpleasant price for it)

I use these packets with my Neti pot:

Sinus Rinse 100 Regular Premixed Packets

Not true at all - you just need to boil the water (tap or bottled).
Ok, yeah, it needs to be sterile, to ensure that amoeba that can survive in treated tap water is dead and neutralized. Bottled water that has been kept free of contamination should suffice, but tap water boiled for a few minutes, then cooled, would as well. Or so I've heard. I am not a practitioner.
The other VERY important point is that you need to add a sterile saline rinse powder to the water to create a saline solution.

Flushing your sinuses with plain water will burn like crazy (I know as I once forgot to add the powder - and paid a very unpleasant price for it)
Sure, that too. I have a home mix recipe I found online, but whichever.
I use these packets with my Neti pot:

Sinus Rinse 100 Regular Premixed Packets
Less than 2¢ each. Nice. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom