Allergy and Equalization sufferers who take Sudafed-like products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pubmed is full of studies by doctors and professionals who say otherwise to psuedoephedrine rebound and mucinex working to loosen mucus which doesn't typically know whether it's in a lung or nasal cavity. If you don't want discussion, don't bring up topics on open forums.
Links?

@DandyDon as cautious as you generally are in many areas (snorkel vest on boat, etc.) I'm surprised you would literally risk getting thrown into a Mexican jail to bring PSE into Mexico! I won't tell anyone, but I guess we all have different areas where we will take risks. :)

I’m off to MX in two weeks so this discussion is relevant. The ones I take are white

As I said...
I posted this thread and photo for those who have been taking Pseudoephedrine (PSE), specifically Wal-Act D, as a heads up on the name and package change.
That's my story, and I am sticking to it.

I know an American diver who is back and forth to MX all the time (lives there) and has told me you’re allowed to bring in pseudoephedrine for personal use. She’s been inspected coming back into MX, had pseudoephedrine in the package, and it’s never been questions.

This is the only time I’ve ever heard about the personal use thing so that really surprised me.

I know an American diver who is back and forth to MX all the time (lives there) and has told me you’re allowed to bring in pseudoephedrine for personal use. She’s been inspected coming back into MX, had pseudoephedrine in the package, and it’s never been questions.

This is the only time I’ve ever heard about the personal use thing so that really surprised me.
On the other hand we once were seriously questioned about how many coloring books we were bringing for some kids we knew. Never underestimate the desire of certain Mexican officials to shake you down.

Me too. I'd be hesitant to rely on that information. I know I've had cops let me off with a warning after pulling me over; doesn't mean what I was doing was legal or that I won't get a ticket next time.

On the other hand we once were seriously questioned about how many coloring books we were bringing for some kids we knew. Never underestimate the desire of certain Mexican officials to shake you down.

I’m a licensed customs broker. Anyone involved with MX customs, whether a customs broker, freight forwarder, etc., is inept and corrupt. I’m seriously considering leaving my Zyrtec D at home and just diving on Flonase, but trip is for a full cave class, not just fun diving. I take Zyrtec D daily and have for years per doc’s orders. I don’t want to do anything that puts my US brokers license in jeopardy.

A doctor in Cozumel warned us about pseudoephedrine a year ago, and said that they throw people in jail for it every now and then in Mexico to serve as a warning. Then I did some research and found a few stories of people getting arrested, like the one posted earlier in this thread. The U.S. Embassy in Mexico also has this warning: Bringing Items into Mexico / U.S.

A doctor in Cozumel warned us about pseudoephedrine a year ago, and said that they throw people in jail for it every now and then in Mexico to serve as a warning. Then I did some research and found a few stories of people getting arrested, like the one posted earlier in this thread. The U.S. Embassy in Mexico also has this warning: Bringing Items into Mexico / U.S.

Yeah no way. I’ll take my neti pot instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom