Allergy and Equalization sufferers who take Sudafed-like products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[*]It is illegal to take Pseudoephedrine into Mexico so I am careful how I pack mine when I do.

I didn't know that. Sudafed is an open pharmacy item in Canada and I took it into the US and Mexico in April.

I came off a cruise ship in Ensenada, MX and my big dive bag, small dry bag, purse, and I had already gone through scanners. As I walked over to the exit, the agents at an entry point called me over for an inspection. Two heavily armed men in full military gear asked what was in my bag while 2 dogs checked out me and my gear. They couldn't understand that I wasn't meeting an excursion and that I was meeting at a dive shop. My gear was x-rayed at this checkpoint too, then they let me continue on.

It's good that the dogs didn't sit down for the Sudafed in my purse!

I didn't know that. Sudafed is an open pharmacy item in Canada and I took it into the US and Mexico in April.

I came off a cruise ship in Ensenada, MX and my big dive bag, small dry bag, purse, and I had already gone through scanners. As I walked over to the exit, the agents at an entry point called me over for an inspection. Two heavily armed men in full military gear asked what was in my bag while 2 dogs checked out me and my gear. They couldn't understand that I wasn't meeting an excursion and that I was meeting at a dive shop. My gear was x-rayed at this checkpoint too, then they let me continue on.

I suspect that if you don't create a problem the authorities have no interest in Sudafed.

I suspect that if you don't create a problem the authorities have no interest in Sudafed.
I wouldn't count on that.

Yep, it's not a safety thing. It's related to why it's restricted in the US, not available in some states. Meth manufacturers use it in their creations, so politicians in both countries thought it'd look good to restrict it. The "Breaking Bad" series included it in some storylines.
Very. If you're going to carry it, do not risk taking the red pills. The white ones are easier to overlook, either the 12 hour pill or one with it combined with an antihistamine.
Or you might get taken for all the cash you're carrying, or worse.

And after all that, they offer to give her the Sudafed back. I have a friend who will never go back to Mexico after being scammed over drunk driving in a golf cart with his family.

That story mentions "Family members were told by an airport official to procure a doctor’s note or prescription, but then were not allowed to hand the document through security, the Carvers said," but that will not work.
And after all that, they offer to give her the Sudafed back. I have a friend who will never go back to Mexico after being scammed over drunk driving in a golf cart with his family.
Yeah, if the photo in the news story is of her med, it was a total scam as that box does not contain PSE, just the placebo currently marketed as Sudafed PE.

1658199609858.png

Reactions: BRT
Pubmed is full of studies by doctors and professionals who say otherwise to psuedoephedrine rebound and mucinex working to loosen mucus which doesn't typically know whether it's in a lung or nasal cavity. If you don't want discussion, don't bring up topics on open forums.

Pubmed is full of studies by doctors and professionals who say otherwise to psuedoephedrine rebound and mucinex working to loosen mucus which doesn't typically know whether it's in a lung or nasal cavity. If you don't want discussion, don't bring up topics on open forums.
Discussion is welcome. Thanks for the explanation on Guaifenesin. I still suspect that the rebound on Oxymetazoline is greater than any possible with Psuedoephedrine, and it does have its three day limit.

Scubafed. Yes, please.

Guaifenesin ( mucinex) and oxymetazoline ( afrin) generics are safer, cheaper and are on the shelf. No drowsiness, no getting wired , fewer drug interactions, less rebound effect, longer lasting.
Where is the fun in that?...jk
....but I can tell you that rebound is a big problem with Afrin.
It's huge... I got on that for 2 years one weekend. Getting off was probably the most miserable I've ever been in my life. I was warned, did not listen..

I don't really have allergies, but I do have sinus issues. Anything from behind the counter (with ID) will work (for me), but I don't always have to take it. There's no way that I could take it before bed like @DandyDon, I'd be up counting the cracks. It's not something that effects me unless I'm still... then all bets are off and I feel like I drank a bottle of mountain dew.
Scubafed. Yes, please.
I had to read that 3 times to read it right, lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom