Alternate pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beast just got a thigh pocket from Dive Rite. It has a loop to go over the waist belt and a 4" wide elastic band with velcro that goes around his thigh. The pocket itself is divided into 2 sections and is a good size for most anything.

DR thigh pocket

ok, here's what I did with my dive rite pocket. I cut off the harness attachment and removed the velcro and sewed it onto my wetsuit. You can also glue it there if you're sewing isn't good. I had tried it before attached to the harness and it was a pain in the rear.

LOL. I use my Dive Rite pocket, and agree with Wendy. It was a PITR when I first got it. It was fine in the water, but when I got out, it was all over the place. Then I tightened the piece of webbing real tight around my harness, and have had no problems with it. I am debating gluing it onto my wetsuit. I sometimes dive in the quarry and it gets cold. I like to wear a jacket over my wetsuit, and the pocket would interfere with that.

All in all though, it works good.

I use Halcyon.

Tom

This has a pair of detachable low slung pockets attached to the harness by (((gasp))) 1.5" Fastex buckles and with a nylon strap to bind them to the leg like a .45 long Colt holster. It should be rock solid. Price for both the harness (may be handy but I don't normally cary that much lead) and the attached pockets through Bob3 was less than a pair of Halcyon pockets alone.

The weight pockets themselves look like they would be useful for storing rarely used open water items that would not be returned to the pocket underwater like blobs and spools, or shackles for attaching your lift bag to lost anchors. They look like they would be a bit awkward for reinserting things on a solo dive, but for single use items they would be great. I havn't had a chance to get the harness set wet yet.

I just got the mating half of the buckles and intend to try the thigh pockets out on my next dive.

http://www.diveshop.co.uk/pages/accessories/buoyancy.html

FT

I have a pair glued on the thighs of wetsuit and work great. H20adventuregear.com has them for about 30 a piece. Halcyon website has a process for gluing, or as wendy said, sew them.

Tommy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom