Aluminum vs Steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIGSAGE136:
Transpacs? And, please excuse my post. My my....

Sorry, apparently I forgot the :)'s in there to convey that I wasn't annoyed, just offering some friendly advice....

The goal in DIR is to dive a balanced rig....if your rig is balanced, within reason, then it's probably ok from a tank perspective.

Carry a copy of your suit to 150 on a shot line, take several 1lb clip wts with you . On the bottom let it go and see if it will rise, then start using the wts, When it will no longer rise you will have your answer. At that depth it will have so many lbs of lift or none. Then figure from there This will give you visual evidence to how compression effects lift on neoprene suits.

Capt Tom

tom yerian:
Carry a copy of your suit to 150 on a shot line, take several 1lb clip wts with you . On the bottom let it go and see if it will rise, then start using the wts, When it will no longer rise you will have your answer. At that depth it will have so many lbs of lift or none. Then figure from there This will give you visual evidence to how compression effects lift on neoprene suits.

Capt Tom
Hi Tom,

When I wrote this, I was hoping to avoid a science experiment. I never got a reply to the email that I sent to Henderson about the buoyancy characteristics of their suits.

I have not gotten around to doing it yet, but one of these days I'm going to simply do what you are talking about.

I'll take a copy of my suit and loop a string through it. This will make a nice place to clip weights on the suit. I'll just unclip one at a time until I arrive at the suit's bouyancy at depth. I'll do the opposite on the surface and clip weights on until it starts to sink.

Then I'll know the difference in weight between buoyancy at depth and at surface for that particular wetsuit. Of course, it would just be a ballpark. The characteristics of the suit will change with age.

Thanks for the ideas.

Christian

Charlie99:
Please explain what you mean by "balanced rig".
Didn't we go through that already?

JeffG:
Didn't we go through that already?
Can't we just post a link to one of the last 15 conversations we already had about this? :)

O-ring:
Can't we just post a link to one of the last 15 conversations we already had about this? :)
I was just going to recommend that Charlie Starts 10 or so threads

Balanced Rig - Pants definition
Balanced Rig - Boomx5 definition
Balanced Rig - Soggy's def

etc etc etc

at least for a short time we can overwhelm the greeters threads and still not be any wiser.

JeffG:
I was just going to recommend that Charlie Starts 10 or so threads

Balanced Rig - Pants definition
Balanced Rig - Boomx5 definition
Balanced Rig - Soggy's def

etc etc etc

at least for a short time we can overwhelm the greeters threads and still not be any wiser.
I don't think anyone can overwhelm the greeters unless they have come out with a Pepto Bismol for the mouth..

O-ring:
I don't think anyone can overwhelm the greeters unless they have come out with a Pepto Bismol for the mouth..
True...Well maybe we can get Charlie to post his question on the Gavin Scooter list prefacing it with "What I learned from Andrew...." (mind you would have to wait a week before we got the answer from the King)

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom