Diving or Duty

• Diving

Votes: 182 90.1%
  • Duty

Votes: 20 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Given the rate folks are popping out kids these days, chances are the next time there will be another baptism or, worse, your boyfriend's best friend's niece's godchild will celebrate her graduation from kindergarten. You may be old and gray by the time you finally get to do your AOW.

On an unrelated and completely personal note, I think people should wait till their kids can make their own decision whether they want to be part of any type of cult in the first place, but that's just me and has nothing to do with your original question...:wink:

It depends on the relationship with your boyfriend. If it's a casual, social relationship then you simply have an honest open discussion and then decide.
If it's a deep, loving commitment you still do the above but add the following equation:
The things that are important to your loved one should be as important to you as your loved one is to you.

eckybay:
Okay....Here's the deal...I'm all ready to take my AOW class. Find out that the instructor I want to take it with is offering it in August.

Being the good girlfriend, I check to make sure the other half doesn't have something going on. He suddenly recalls that it's his best friend's baby's baptism.

I passed on taking AOW last summer because it was said best friend's wedding.

So the dilemma...diving or duty... I know which one I *want* to choose...

If the other half was going to a ballgame, hunting, the races, etc. and you SUDDENLY recalled that it was your best friend's blah blah woof woof, would he cancel? Is he making you choose? Will his "feelings" be hurt? If not, then don't make it an issue, just go diving. If yes, then don't make it an issue, just go diving.
:D

Interesting thread...

You could be really bad and dive PLUS have a beer afterwards. :D

So you two have gotten to the point of having the "Mute" function working :)

Glad that it's all working out! And that it is a love that you both share! :D

Your boyfriend's a wuss.

I meant this thread in good fun - we've all had things to do when we'd rather be diving... so let's keep it that way every one

pteranodon:
..... your boyfriend's best friend's niece's godchild will celebrate her graduation from kindergarten.....
what IS it with that!

my hubbys brothers kid had a grad from kindy and we were invited.... its kindergarden, he learnt to tie his shoes and not poop in the sandpit and we are expected to take a day off work and buy a gift!

Back
Top Bottom