Diving or Duty

• Diving

Votes: 182 90.1%
  • Duty

Votes: 20 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife:
.... its kindergarden, he learnt to tie his shoes and not poop in the sandpit ..

You are to learn this in kindergarten?? Boy do I have some catching up to do. :11:

eckybay:
Okay....Here's the deal...I'm all ready to take my AOW class. Find out that the instructor I want to take it with is offering it in August.

Being the good girlfriend, I check to make sure the other half doesn't have something going on. He suddenly recalls that it's his best friend's baby's baptism.

I passed on taking AOW last summer because it was said best friend's wedding.

So the dilemma...diving or duty... I know which one I *want* to choose...

Hey, you made your plans before he told you about those. He can't expect you to break your plans just like you can't change the date of the religious event.

Also, you can always find a new Boyfriend :wink: it's not every day you get to dive.

Diving.

If the baptism was really that important to boyfriend, he would have consulted with you as soon as he knew about it to see if a) you wanted to go and b) if you were available. Suddenly remembering and then expecting you to change your plans is not only rude, it's terribly disrespectful.

Actually, I'd told her the date over a week ago...I think we both forgot until she asked me earlier today... :)

OK, 88% of ScubaBoard members (including me!) say go diving! However, for balance, maybe you should check what the people at the "Boyfriend's Best Friend's Baby's Baptism" websites say.

Besides, what does being a bad person have to do with any of this?

AOW is overrated. Dive saturday go on Sunday. Take AOW later.

Reggae Joe:
Actually, I'd told her the date over a week ago...I think we both forgot until she asked me earlier today... :)

she shouldnt have 'asked' you

so are you going to tell her to ditch the ankle biter and go diving???

:D

sambolino44:
OK, 88% of ScubaBoard members (including me!) say go diving! However, for balance, maybe you should check what the people at the "Boyfriend's Best Friend's Baby's Baptism" websites say.

Besides, what does being a bad person have to do with any of this?

See...I knew that the ScubaBoard people have priorities right!

I couldn't find a "Boyfriend's Best Friend's Baby's Baptism" website forum to get a comparison. Darn. I'm sure there has to be one somewhere though.

As for being a bad person, well, I needed some sort of catchy thread title so I could ensure I'd get a ton of insightful opinions - not that there's ever anything but on Scubaboard! :D

As things go, I'm doing the first set of dives on that Saturday and going to the baptism on Sunday and getting those dives in on another day. So I guess I get my cake and get to eat it too. (although, I'm betting I'll have more fun at the dives than at the baptism .)

almitywife:
what IS it with that!

my hubbys brothers kid had a grad from kindy and we were invited.... its kindergarden, he learnt to tie his shoes and not poop in the sandpit and we are expected to take a day off work and buy a gift!
The kid does not deserve a gift! I however, do. Paypal donations are welcome:D
BTW whats wrong woth pooping in the sand pit?:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom