Diving or Duty

• Diving

Votes: 182 90.1%
  • Duty

Votes: 20 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClayJar:
Oh, phooey. I just realized all the ISOSAD docs and HowTos were lost in the Great Burn. :(

ACCCCKKK!!!

NO, NOT THE ISOSAD DOCS!!!

is that big enough for ya?

I really did have the best intentions of coping them on to the website...just never did it...darn.

I might have some of them cached, but I'm not sure. I may have to rewrite the whole thread.

Um, I can't tell right now... they're... um... at work...

I'd be diving, unless they'll ostracize you from the whole community. It won't turn into something out of Deliverence :11: if you miss the baptism, will it?

That's right...I STILL haven't won a hand of Scubuno... *shakes fist*

Too big?

again, Becky...

HIS bestfriend's baby.....etc.

DIVE, DIVE, DIVE

(hope Joe has a good time at church)

I think some important factors are left out.
How late does the after baptism party last?
Does the parents pay for all of the alcohol?
Is the music DJ'd or is it some hokey homemade mix?
and lastly, isn't diving your duty?

Just confused.
-t-

take your gear to the baptisim and try to get a little bottom time in the font.

Wow, gotta read fast on this thread. Posts are being added often. Shows how close this hits home.

First, we gotta check baptismboard on this one for a balanced opinion. I have a feeling they would side with scubaboard's general consensus. If the same people having the baptism are dying to see your scuba videos, then maybe I would bend and possibly maybe think about considering going to the baptism.

The big thing is give and take. You gotta take care of your needs, but also, take care of your mates needs. Some relationships make that really easy. I guess I'm pretty lucky. I actually missed a baptism and a high school graduation party the same weekend of my AOW. The obvious importance of the class was seen by my better half and it was a no-brainer to do the AOW. Funny enough, my father-in-law, who doesn't dive, stated he was gonna take his AOW with me to get out of the same weekend of activities. :) And no, the graduate wasn't the mother of the baptee(can it be used that way), but it's not far off. (long story)

Oh, and this is just awful thinking this way, but if you do dive, just come home wearing nothing but a bc on. That should smooth things over.

almitywife:
ha, you really got me laughing on the surprise birthday party for you that you missed out on.

Oh, and yes, you're a bad person just as much as I'm a bad person. Somehow, you come through life just being bad. After awhile, I've given up. I've realized I'm not making a lot of people happy. Maybe if they stopped looking to me for happiness, they'd simply feel better.

Sasquatcher

"Nothing but a BC on..." I definitely wouldn't complain... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom