Diving or Duty

• Diving

Votes: 182 90.1%
  • Duty

Votes: 20 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just tell him you'll be there in spirit. Or tell him to tell his friend he'll be there in spirit so that he can join you. That was one of the reasons why I broke off with my girlfriend in the first place.

I fail to see why this is even a question. You let him know up front, something came up, oh well.....go dive and get certified. You guys are not even married, he may still end up with your best friend :)

It's his best friend though, he should go.

Ask yourself one simple question: WWJD?*

jesus.jpg

*Where would Jesus dive?

:angel_smi

My Gosh, it's only diving. If you miss the baptism, you may regret it.

But, more importantly, If you give up your passion for something you both know you don't "need" or "want";

you will regret it. You'll end up a shell, nothing but a shell. The shell of a bitter little man, cursing the day you let yourself become the martyr, the martyr for some slob who had no cause more meaningful than taking from you what you enjoy most in your life, the life you struggled for, the life for which you were born. A life others could only dream of... All in the futile attempt to please someone who cannot be pleased, but with what, the pain and dillusionment of others? ....I say dive, dam you, dive;
dive that we may not be...

Brought to you by caffine; the drug of choice.

PS I think I'd go diving.:D Any coffee left?

[sarcasm]
A page or two back it sounded like we had both of you convinced to miss the baptism for the AOW class. Now I think we need to convince you kidnap the baby and hold a pagan neoprene baptism! :rofl3:
[/sarcasm]
:D

Well, if the baptism could be in a large enough bowl, maybe you could dive there, and take some photos from the underneath.

RJP:
Ask yourself one simple question: WWJD?*

jesus.jpg

*Where would Jesus dive?

:angel_smi

:rofl3: Oh man! You have the nerve to post that. Oh well, that picture is in my room anyway. :D

I'd go diving. My fiance's nephew had a a daughter June 14th. They brought the baby home on the 15th. She and her whole family went to go see it on the 17th. Usually Because she is in a wheelchair I have to take her to these functions. But this time the baby was a week late. Not my fault! So guess where I was? Lake Erie doing my final two heliotrox checkout dives! Priorities my dear. Decide now. Best friend's baby's something of other. Unless there's lots of free food after(not horsey divers either better be steaks) I'm diving.

A pagan neoprene baptism, eh? Maybe someday, when Ecky and I have our own kid... :)

As it turns out, we're both taking the AOW course, but splitting it over two weekends, so we'll both be able to go to the baptism...

take the baby diving

get it all done at once.

Back
Top Bottom