Am I making a big deal ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomboyy

Carnival ride inspector
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm bought a MK25/S600 from my local LDS for the nice price of around 750+ I know it was pricey compared to online prices ... but want to support him.

This was a yoke connector. I bought a DIN and took it to them to swap. The owner says for 35 bucks he take my yoke and make a din to yoke for when I go on vacation or you know when ever (I borrow a tank or what have you)

My wife goes to pick it up with my AL80's refills. Well, when she talks to me she said there was some kind of problem at the shop with my converter and they couldn't find a part. I bought the part originally and put it together but didn't have a socket to tighten it, so I gave it to the wife to take up there to have them do it. When she brought it back ... the part you tighten on the yoke to secure it to the tank is not my part... on the tightener(sp?) you can see where the name plate ( the plastic piece) is missing. It's supposed to say Scubaro MK25. The one I got back has tabs where the name plate is supposed to be.

I call and ask whats up and he says " I told tose F***ing Idiots where it (the part) was... blahh bla blah ba blah and then says well its the same thing its alright.

I already know how I feel... but would anybody else care if this happened to them ? :idk:

You give him brand new stuff and he gives you other parts back? I'd raise a stink!

well 2 year old stuff ... but still , I'm particular about "my junk" :D

I feel pressure on my eardrums. I am there. My brain is beginning to ooze out.

Your property is your property. People love their property. Other people should respect other peoples property that they love.
A service, repair, upgrade or modification is like working on family.

Considering the reg originated from those "peoples" shop a parts only price would be acceptable

Those "people" have just DEVALUED your set.

Buy a reg book and cheap BIG adjustable wrench.
Get your stuff back. Your'e lucky I only need a Mk 10 and Mk 17 knob. I won't explain what to do with the wrench, the reg book does that.

You could get the big wrench and go down to the dive shop with it, that might get them to change their stance, or it might get you arrested lol sounds pretty sh**ty what they did to you! i'd be finding a new dive store to support.

Send him an email containing only the link to Leisure Pro.

Sounds like a shop that does not deserve support. Tell them fine, if they don't understand the issue you have, you can find a shop that does.

tell me what shop it is so that i can refrain from going there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom