Ambergris Caye dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wanna ditto what has been said about Ecologic. Spent a week on the island being picked up by these guys at our resorts docks every morning. Can't say enough good things about Markus, don't trust a dive master without a beer belly he says. They handled our gear all week, even transported it to other dive shops when dove with them. Boats in good condition, and their rented gear was brand new Mares rigs. Great group to dive with.

We dove with Ecologic when we where there and had to say that we really enjoyed it. They picked us up each morning from the resort and shuttled us back at the end of the diving. The DM's all seemed concerned with safety and kept a good eye on the group - while letting you dive your dive. We would recommend them.

Hea Peter, Wow Auga Dives Trimix. funny to get news like that and be just up the beach. are they actually pumping it?

Yes Elbert. We're currently planning for a trimix expedition in December.

My Wifew and I traveled to Ambergriese (SP) this past July and stayed at Carribean Villas. They were a great outfit from the git-go.

While there I dove with Aqua Dive and another shop near by them but their name eludes me. Not enough Nitrogen in my system I guess.

I dove the Blue Hole and Half-Moon and Truffles atoll. AWESOME DIVES. I dove the reef off of Ambergriese with Aqua Dive. Top Notch and VERY inexpensive. Wish I had done more, but since my wife doesn't dive I had to spend time with her.

Next time we go to Ambergriese we will take some friends along so that she will have people to keep her company while I play with the fishes.

BTW, I did 7 dives and saw sharks on 6 of the 7 dives. at least 10 sharks on each of the 6 dives. At the Blue Hole We had the pleasure of deeing 14 Black Tip Reef Sharks. 2 swam out of the abyss right at us and came within 30 feet. Both were about 6-7 feet long.

Above us there were 10-12 sharks.

When we did our safety stop we had 12-14 sharks swimming below us at about 35 feet. Since that was my first Ocean dive and first dive after getting qual'ed I had not spent the money on a U/W camera. I won't make that mistake again.

At the Blue Hole We had the pleasure of deeing 14 Black Tip Reef Sharks. 2 swam out of the abyss right at us and came within 30 feet. Both were about 6-7 feet long.

Above us there were 10-12 sharks.

When we did our safety stop we had 12-14 sharks swimming below us at about 35 feet. Since that was my first Ocean dive and first dive after getting qual'ed I had not spent the money on a U/W camera. I won't make that mistake again.

This is an older thread without much activity, otherwise I would be expecting lots of comments about this.

Diverrex,
an excited new divers tale.
My dive masters and I have a running joke about the new diver that saw 5 hammer head sharks on his first dive, we where watching and saw a nurse shark swim a circle around him 5 times.
:-0

Diverrex,
an excited new divers tale.
My dive masters and I have a running joke about the new diver that saw 5 hammer head sharks on his first dive, we where watching and saw a nurse shark swim a circle around him 5 times.
:-0

Elbert - I expect you are correct about the excited diver tale about seeing so many sharks. The comments I expected though had to do, if I read his post correctly, he is saying his first ocean and first post cert dive was at the Blue Hole. From past comments I know many on this board belive that the Blue Hole is a more advanced dive.

BTW - you certified my wife and I in Oct 2005. I'm up to 154 dives now, my wife a few less since she won't dive in California, only warm water spots. Thanks for getting us started, you were a great instructor. We need to get back down to Belize and dive with you again! Here is a photo you took of us on the surface just after our fourth, and final, cert dive. And another at the sand bottom as you demonstrate mask clear for my wife.

R_and_D_diving.jpg

D_mask_clear.jpg

When I was an early diver a friend used to see sharks every time we got in the water, even though no-one else did. We used to say he had a hammerhead painted on his mask.

If the BH really was this person's first post-qualification dive then I'm not very impressed, but it doesn't equal what a "diver" told me on the way out to the BH a few years ago (not with my operation!), that she was not certified and had done her first "try dive" the previous afternoon. For me it was a pleasure trip and I wasn't working, so I made sure to stay as far as possible away from her throughout all three dives. And that was with an operation that supposedly had a "gold plated" reputation.

Unfortunately the main qualification for diving the Blue Hole seems to be financial. The saving grace must be lack of open ocean current and attentive divemasters who know to expect the worse from the divers they supervise.

One of my first dive trips to Belize I opted not to go out to Blue Hole because I had the chance to see the kind of "skills" of my fellow divers the day before. This past summer when I did make the trip I declined to be buddy up'd with a new nervous diver.

I agree about the blue hole. After I did it I realized just how freaking stupid it was. No way on god's green earth I should have done that dive at this point in my young diving career.

The saving grace (and I truly believe it was just) is that I was able to dive with only 5 other people and 3 dive masters.

If i was computer literate enough I could post some of the pictures of the nurse sharks I took on a rented camera.

None are worthy of a Diving magazine but they were my first (not Last) underwater pictures.

Back
Top Bottom