Amoray Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, we had planned a trip to stay with them for a week, over Christmas, but my daughter got sick and we had to cancel. They kept our deposit, so... I guess we're pretty much in a bind. If it's a bad experience, then I may make a number of phone calls to a number of people, including the Better Business Bureau and a few others.

Fish_Whisperer:
Well, we had planned a trip to stay with them for a week, over Christmas, but my daughter got sick and we had to cancel. They kept our deposit, so... I guess we're pretty much in a bind. If it's a bad experience, then I may make a number of phone calls to a number of people, including the Better Business Bureau and a few others.

:D I do hope it goes well for you guys. Especially since you are stuck going there. A thought, bring numbers of other boats like Conch Republic and Cristal Clear Charters, just in case.

Yep. Definitely a good idea. If the dives fall through for Amoray, I do have the phone number and contact information for AquaSports Inc., and someone who's willing to go out and hit the deep wrecks so I can get wreck certified. That option is looking increasingly appealing.

Frank, I would definitely give CR a call. They also have instructors on staff that could take care of the wreck courses. Call Brenda and ask her. Number is 800-274-3483. There should be no problem with hitting the deep wrecks and they also have an SB discount. I was not aware of it when I was there so did not even ask. You may even be able to get a deal on a course/dive package with them.

Conch Republic!..................................

So far I have had good experiences with several dive ops down there. Cristal Clear rated VERY high on my list after our last little jaunt with them. My group was the only 4 people that showed up for the morning trip (it was a bit cold and windy that morning) and to boot we were all booked for our "free SB trip". Guess what? They loaded us onthe boat and took us WHEREVER we chose to go without hesitation! our next trip of the day was with Capt. Pete on his ROCET SHIP 6-pack boat. When I say ROCKET SHIP I mean it too. This thing absolutely flies!! Ever been on a 45 mph DIVE BOAT???? The Capt's on both boats that day got some VERY good tips from my group. Planning to check out Silent World when we go down this next time, I have heard some good things about them as well.

Interesting...I am flipping through the June copy of Publix' free magazine, GreenWise. In an article entitled "Active Vacations: A Natural High", they recommend diving in the Florida Keys; they add "Camp at Pennekamp state park and go out on one of the dive boats that operate there. Or stay at Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort, where you can roll out of bed and go diving with Amy and her crew...Don't know how to dive? Take the 'discover scuba' course and join an instructor for a dive the same day."

Hmmm...how did they get a Publix endorsement like that?

They paid for it. I saw them rated very highly in "SCUBA DIVING" magazine also a month or two ago!! Again, I think this must be paid advertising. If any of the folks who actually write this stuff went there, they wouldnt be promoting them!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom