Amphibico sucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuubaadoo

Reaction score
For anyone thinking of buying a housing, be aware I have had my Amphibico for just over 1 year. It has been back twice and it still does not work properly. Did a day at Dutch springs and I tried to get some u/w footage and the camera controls DID NOT WORK AGAIN. I had three different shop owners (two who sell Amphibico housings) try the controls after the dive. And no one could get the controls to work at all. Amphibico's response to me is "we have sold thousands of these, the problem must be the user". Shipping the unit back to Canada cost a pretty penny, especially when it results in a unit that still does not work. So please spend your hard earned money on a unit that works and a company that stands behind their product.

That's no good, I'm sorry you've run into problems.

Have you sent it back to Amphibico? If it's just the arm (don't know what housing you have) you should just be able to send the arm back, which isn't that big of a deal. I have dealt directly with Amphibico on several matters and they have always been exceptionally helpful and prompt in their service. If you aren't willing to let them look at the problem, how can they ever hope to fix it?

Why haven't the Amphibico dealers you've been having look at it suggested a solution? It may simply be time for a new arm.

I've been using Amphibico housings for my uw video stuff since about 1998.

I have had arms stop working after several years, but that's pretty much to be expected and they have lasted a lot longer than I expected them to! The arms probably won't last forever and they can be delicate, though we don't treat mine particularly well and they've been fine. I actually have an ancient arm on one of my newer amphibicos right now and it's going strong ... the arm has got to be 8 years old at least, it looks totally different to the new ones, but works just fine.

I hope you can find a resolution quickly so you can get back to the fun stuff!

As suggested did you try contacting Amphibico repairs via phone? They do stand behind their products and repairs are reasonable. Additionally, what model unit do you shoot with? What is the specific nature of the problem? LANC? Button control?

So rather than lambast them...try talking to them first. Shipping from New York to Montreal is not all that bad.

MRX I have already been on the phone and e-mail with them and I already paid out of pocket to send it back. I don't know why I should send it back again since since it obviously is in no better shape than before and I am out the shipping charges. That's why I say AGAIN. So I feel I have already gone done this path with them. It is a dive buddy evo hd elite housing. BTW why should I pay for shipping twice, at what point is me paying for shipping again, unreasonable do you think?

BTW Alcina I bought this last year it has been in the water about 12 times if I have to buy a new arm after 12 dives then there is something terribly wrong with the quality of this product. Maybe I have a lemon but they just want to blame me, so I get madder at them and they get madder at me. And I am out my hard earned money. As for caring of the unit I went out and got a dedicated Pelican case, a huge boat of a thing so that it would be protected.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom